Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on 2nd December 2002

 

Present G. Baker, K. Cockroft, S. Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent R. Beauchamp, S. Cambourne, R. Orpwood, C. Peat

 

Minutes of previous meeting were agreed and signed.

Treasurer's Report KC gave his report, see attached. The final profit from the Gordon Giltrap concert was 208.20. Outgoings included payment to Paul Burlison for electrical work, 190 for the new cooker and approx 360 in total for the exterior painting, there being a lot more paint used than originally expected! Noted to consider buying more expensive brand for any future re-paints which may give better coverage! A 100 Club draw was made, special prize (81) Mrs Wickham, 1st Ann Wells, 2nd Joan and David Pattison, 3rd Mrs Ivy Britten. KC to ask Chubb about cost of buying fire extinguishers compared to hiring as currently.

 

Booking clerk's report CP brought this in with apologies for not being able to attend. Good amount of regular bookings still and an increased number of one off bookings: concerts, school play, parties etc. We agreed to only charge the toddlers group for sessions used rather than all those originally booked.

Correspondence Annual Return, KC agreed to complete both parts of this, both general info and financial form, deadline July 03. Thankyou card from the Matticks re use of car park at recent wedding. Form for attending info. Day in Taunton re new priorities for Community Fund applications. Decided not relevant at the moment but sort of thing may have to attend if decide to replace floor. Community Council Newsletter given out to circulate.

Maintenance 1) GB requested payment for plants to be bought for tubs, committee more than happy to pay for this and would like to thank her for continuing to carry out this job. 2) SV reported that the playgroup had complained about a damaged wire fence at the back of the grassed play area. She will investigate and arrange for it to be repaired before the spring.

 

Fund Raising No plans made yet for 2003, need to look at this at January meeting.

 

AOB There being no other business the meeting was closed. This was followed by the putting up of the decorations. Many thanks to those who helped and particularly to Roger who had only just got back from a long trip but still came along at the end of the meeting to give a hand.

Date of next meeting Tues 14th January at 8pm, PLEASE NOTE THE UNUSUAL DAY AND DATE and do come along if you possibly can, I am getting quite worried about the low numbers at the meetings of recent months, SV.

 

Signed .......................................... Chair/Sec Signed ...................................... Treasurer

Date ......................................... Date ..........................................