Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on 8th May 2003

 

Present               K. Cockroft, R.Orpwood, C. Peat, S. Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent       G. Baker, June Brewster, S. Cambourne, M. Taylor

 

Minutes          of previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer's Report  Still healthy balance and no immediate large outgoings due. Had a problem with a bouncing cheque but now resolved. 100 Club draw done.  KC requested list of committee members from SV for insurance company. 

 

Booking clerk's report  CP reported bookings still quiet.  There have been some problems with the keys for the padlocks on the crockery cupboards, SV to get replacement padlock.  

 

Correspondence  SV had received 1) copy of Thatch. 2) quote for outside rear lights from Paul Burlison. 3) notice of interruption of electricity supply on 24th April in letter dated 22nd and left in Hall, only discovered after stop had taken place, fortunately no one in hall that day.  SV to inform Western Power they need to contact her first in similar situation.

 

Maintenance  1) Floor, SV had sent reminder to Matthew Garner but still not made any contact.  However after talking to David Pattison does not feel this is particularly urgent, floor is not sagging or moving in any way.  2) Committee agreed to give Paul go ahead to put in 2 bulkhead lights at rear of hall to help with putting chairs away etc.  Decided not to have sensors as may annoy local residents if keep being activated.  3) Screen fittings, SV had left message on Roy’s answerphone.  4) No Smoking signs up. 5) Maintenance Day!!! Decided on Sat July 19th starting from 9am for hopefully just a morning.  To put wood preservative on shed, please bring a large old brush if you have one (SV has the preservative) plus general exterior clean up. Re-paint notice board?  SV to check with Nick Haskins if stain or paint used.  Re interior, committee to check condition at next meeting when back in hall.  However SV suggested that if paint needs doing we employ someone to do this as members short of time and enough in funds to pay for it.  SV to ask Brian Loten if he would be able to do this in summer break if we decide to go ahead.  Only regular hirers in Aug are Tae Kwondo and post office. 

 

Fund Raising  1) Quiz, over £200 made on this, very good result for this type of event and seems to have been enjoyed by all who attended.  Shield given to David Pattison after engraving.  2) Still waiting to hear back from Take Art if our application for event in October has been successful.

 

AOB   

Mr Rabbitts had contacted KC to complain about nappies left in bin, indicated will not carry on doing cleaning if it carries on happening.  SV had contacted Becky Fredericks-White after being told of complaint by KC and she is asking her Toddler group not to leave dirty nappies in the hall.  SV offered to ring Mr/Mrs Rabbitts and offer to come down and remove nappy if it happens again.

 

Date of next meeting Monday 2nd June 8pm

 

 

Signed  ..........................................  Chair/Sec            Signed   ......................................  Treasurer

           

Date   .........................................                                 Date   ..........................................