Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on 2nd June 2003

 

Present G. Baker, K. Cockroft, R.Orpwood, C. Peat, S. Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent June Brewster, S. Cambourne, M. Taylor

 

Minutes of previous meeting were agreed and signed.

Treasurer's Report No significant change since last month, plenty available if go ahead with inside painting on paid basis. 100 Club draw made.

 

Booking clerk's report CP reported bookings for PCC supper in Sept. The Tae Kwondo class now running for 3hrs a week in total, computing class has finished.

Correspondence None received.

Maintenance 1) Rear light work underway. 2) Screen fittings, SV had left message on Roys answerphone (follow up when they get back from hols). 3) Maintenance Day!!! As agreed last meeting Sat 19th July starting from 9am for hopefully just a morning. To put wood preservative on shed, please bring a large old brush if you have one (SV has the preservative) plus general exterior clean up, windows, signs etc. Re-paint notice board? SV to check with Nick Haskins if stain or paint used. SV to contact whoever did sign over outside door as needs re painting. 4) Interior, committee decided emulsion on walls but not ceiling (except where water stained in Gents loo) needed doing and all gloss work. However need to investigate the crack in main hall ceiling. Brian Loten may be able to do job split over summer plus autumn half term. SV to arrange. Also ask him to paint the black external areas. Remember to take Tae Kwondo and post office into consideration. 5) Gravel outside looking very thin, SV to consider buying more but will liase with Bell Inn first.

 

Fund Raising 1) Take Art closing date had only been 23 May so no surprise not heard yet, SV will monitor. Fete 5th July, arrangements for manning tea tent and preparing refreshment being made by Anne Orpwood and Gill Baker. All those available please see one of these if you have not already put your name down to help. Many thanks to RO for standing in for GB at next fete meeting.

 

AOB

1) SV had spoken to Mrs Rabbitts and offered to take away any nappies left in future and had also put note in magazine. 2) GB suggested paving slabs under concrete flower tubs. Committee agreed in principle but would need to hire someone to lift extremely heavy planters and also lay slabs properly, assuming no committee members feel able to do so. 3) Ad in parish mag has not been paid for for some time as no invoice presented. Committee gave KC go ahead to pay an amount to cover outstanding charges on a voluntary basis. RO to update advert to include booking clerk CPs name properly rather than hand written as at present. 4) School no longer want screens, agreed to store them in hall on stage with the others. 5) SV suggested cancelling July meeting as well as not meeting in August as per tradition due to very little going on apart from fete. SV will contact committee members if anything arises which needs a decision.

 

 

Date of next meeting Tuesday September 9th at 8pm. PLEASE NOTE UNUSUAL DAY OF WEEK AND THAT WE HAVE DECIDED TO HAVE NO MEETING IN EITHER JULY OR AUGUST.

 

 

Signed .......................................... Chair/Sec Signed ...................................... Treasurer

Date ......................................... Date ..........................................