Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on 1st June 2004

 

Present           G. Baker, K. Cockroft, R.Orpwood, C. Peat, S. Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent       June Brewster, S. Cambourne, P Moore,

 

Minutes          of previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer's Report  Balance of current account rather high KC to transfer £1000 to deposit.  Two hundred club draws done.

 

Booking clerk's report  Quieter period although bookings included a quarry liaison meeting, Fols equipment hire plus various bookings ahead for December.

 

Correspondence 1) Community Council for Somerset News acknowledgment of £15 subscription.    2) Letter from Frome Community College re condition of the hall which they hire regularly, main concern lack of diffusers on strip lights in kitchen, felt liable to be broken and therefore cause accident if hit while equipment being moved.  3) Leaflet re course on post offices in village halls 4) Acknowledgement of receipt of Annual Return. 5) SWEB bill 6) National Savings general leaflets 7) Letter from Paul Winks re un presented cheque 8) info sheets re good hiring practices.

 

Maintenance  1) SV to contact Paul B re possible diffusers fitted in 2)Wire fence and concrete post removal, SV still to check with PC if deeds exist which restrict actions, Brian Loten would do if required for about £30.  3) Car Park. SV to find out if feasible to tarmac just small area at front of and side of hall, to get quotes 4) GB to buy hydrangeas for tubs. 5) GB to contact Mendip re possible provision of bin outside hall

 

Fund Raising  Fete, GB requested new table cloths be lent for refreshment tent, committee agreed, SV storing at the moment.  Anne Orpwood and GB have put together rotas for fete day, anyone on committee not signed up yet please see one of them.

AOB    Need to try and find out about getting more “feet” for screens.  Clear out under stage going ahead Sat 5th June.

 

 

Next meeting Tuesday 6th July at 8pm. 

 

Signed  ..........................................  Chair/Sec            Signed   ......................................  Treasurer

           

Date   .........................................                                 Date   ..........................................