Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on 3rd May 2005

 

Present             G. Baker, K. Cockroft, C. Peat, T. Schlechter, S. Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent       J. Brewster, S. Cambourne, P. Moore, R.Orpwood, J. Phillips

 

Treasurer’s Report  KC reported continued good balance of funds. Income down compared to same time last year but outgoings also down, resulting in similar difference between the two.  Still showing an amount for the PO rent but this will not increase unless the PO resumes.  100 Club draw made.

 

Booking Clerk’s report  CP had bookings for parties planning to use a Bouncy Castle.  Had created letter for these pointing need for users to ensure adequately insured.  SV asked KC to check our Public Liability insurance to make sure policy does not already cover Hall but not to enquire from insurers if not as committee felt this would only raise the issue and could result in us paying higher premium for cover which hirers should look after themselves.  SV asked where the screens from the stage were, CP had lent them out to school, committee decided not to charge this time but to do so in case of further hirings.  Two fairly new regular hirings are for the table tennis and the bowls.  Former going particularly well and SV told committee could hire 2nd table from Mendip, making 3 with the one the Hall has bought.  Committee concerned with storage of these but could look at buying another shed if could get one high enough.  For one off occasions such as Church Christmas fair could also use PO room & possibly kitchen, SV to check need with Vicki Taylor and go ahead if appropriate. 

 

It was also suggested the Hall consider buying our own Bouncy Castle to rent out, SV pointed out would need both means of inflating it and storage space, committee to discuss further. 

 

Correspondence  None received

 

Maintenance  1) SV still to check if Paul B made any progress on sodium low level lighting. 2) Spring maintenance morning confirmed for Sat 14th May from 10am, gutters, exterior paintwork plus any other obvious items to be done.  TS cannot  make 14th but will come down to do gutters in preceding week 3) GB told committee extra gravel was needed round Hall, SV to contact Tarmac, also reported that electricity pylon was resting on Hall gutter, SV to check and contact SWEB if necessary.

 

Fund raising   1) Quiz in April went well, committee very grateful for continued support of the Worleys creating this for us.  2) No contact from RO re possible music event in Autumn.  GB confirmed will be attending Take Art session to see what acts available if we decide to use them for our Autumn event 3) Village fair, KC will not be available, SV, GB and CP already agreed to help.

 

AOB   SV gave committee new contact lists to include TS details.

 

 

 

Next meeting, Tues 14th June 8.00pm  PLEASE NOTE CHANGE FROM USUAL DATE

 

Signed Chair/Secretary                                                                     Treasurer

Date                                                                                                    Date