Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on 5th July 2005

 

Present             G. Baker, R.Orpwood, J. Phillips, S. Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent       J. Brewster, S. Cambourne, K. Cockroft, P. Moore, C. Peat, T. Schlechter

 

Minutes             Of previous meeting were agreed and signed

 

Treasurer’s Report  KC was on holiday but had sent his report to the committee.  SV passed on various receipts to sign and re-imbursements to GB and RO, TS not present to sign his SV to try and contact before next meeting.  SV noted that Rod had still not submitted his bill for beer for the quiz so KC unable to finalise profit figure, SV will chase.  The 100 club draw was made, 1st Mike Taylor, 2nd Wendy & Des Worley, 3rd Vera Carey.

 

Booking Clerk’s report  CP did not attend, no booking clerk’s report this month.  SV noted that the Fosseway had been in touch and she had agreed to advertise the hall for a further 3 months.

 

Correspondence  Copies of Thatch and Charity News received by SV, to circulate round committee.  Included sheet with offer of entry on Council website, committee felt too expensive to be worth considering, especially little advantage apparent and already on Leigh site.

 

Maintenance  1) SV had spoken to Paul B re sodium low level lighting, he is currently researching a new supplier as product used elsewhere in village had proved faulty.  SV had agreed not urgent until evenings draw in. 2) Tarmac has promised some gravel for front of hall but nothing has materialised, SV to chase.  3) Still no contact re electricity pylon resting on gutter. 4) Slow release light switch still faulty, SV to investigate. 5) During spring maintenance session SV had noted poor condition of exterior side doors leading into bar area, will contact Brian Loten to see if he can paint/re-stain them.

 

Fund raising   1) Autumn event -  Take Art have confirmed we can have Blues guitarist/singer on Sat Oct 8th.  Committee had brief discussion re arrangements so that form requiring details can be sent back by SV when it arrives from Take Art.  To have seating at tables, ploughman’s type snack and tickets probably £6 to include food.  However SV to check with Sarah Peterkin what other halls charging.  RO advised will not be here for the event and also gave his apologies for the next Hall meeting in August.  2) GB reported likely pay out from fete around £400, which all who helped had enjoyed but special thanks to GB for her major role in the arrangements and staffing.  3) JP told us Big Band now willing to appear at Hall this year, on Nov 26th.  He will head the arrangements but committee will give assistance where possible, RO agreed to arrange posters.

 

AOB   1) GB pointed out that a car which was not taxed had been in the car park for some time, SV to investigate. 2) SV asked GB about the music afternoon she had organised in the village.  GB confirmed had been one successful session but had decided to leave next one until after summer, Sept 28th.  3) SV reported she had passed leaflet about any Trafalgar Day celebrations on 21-23 October back to the Parish Council and told them the Hall committee did not want to take the lead organising any events.  Would be happy to arrange licence if required and advised in time but thought if anything to be arranged should involve all village groups.  Hall committee particularly concerned about selling tickets for 8th Oct event and then for another just 2 weeks later, SV will report any developments to the committee. 

 

Next meeting, Tues  August 2nd 8.00pm

 

Signed Chair/Secretary                                                                     Treasurer

Date                                                                                                    Date