Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on 3rd Jan 2006

 

Present             G. Baker, K. Cockroft, C. Peat, S. Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent       J. Brewster, S. Cambourne,  R.Orpwood, J. Phillips, T. Schlechter

 

Minutes             Of previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report  KC presented report to the committee.  Various bills now received including the Big Band, two beer invoices and a water bill, the latter proving much cheaper metered than on previous system.  100 Club forms to be sent out from February.

 

Booking Clerk’s report  CP reported new booking of short mat bowls twice a week.  A new What’s on in the Hall notice had been produced to be displayed.  Copies of new hiring rates were handed out to members for their information and to assist with future enquiries.  The new booking form etc was still being worked on and SV agreed to contact the C C for Somerset to obtain any information leaflets etc to assist with this. It was noted that the disclaimer form from Rod referred to The Bell and needed amending to The Memorial Hall, also further clarification required re “training” SV to see Rod.

 

Correspondence  1) SV had sent application for Hallmark award off.  2) Annual Return passed to KC for addition of income figures, KC to photocopy once completed and mail original.  3) Correspondence by e mail between PC and SV, confirmed that Hall happy to make necessary donation,  info on location, type of plaque, cost etc not yet available.  4) SV still not received copy of Fosseway with ad re license application to forward to Mendip so they can issue licence, keeping them informed, note we are still legally licensed even though no paper copy yet.  5) KC had received mis-addressed letter from insurance company, not one currently used and 6) returned usual form from Mendip re rates for which they always rule there to be no charge.

 

Maintenance  1) Drainage/Sewage.  KC had attended meeting with builder Terry Hamblin, who will quote for work to include concrete covers for new pipes, possibly to carry out over Easter.  SV had form from Wessex Water for permission to re-connect to drain and was waiting for forms from Somerset CC re digging up section of grass verge adjoing drain.  2) A further discussion took place about a possible extension.  Many thanks to Graham Harris for putting together a document containing both suggestions for sources of funding and a proposed time table for proceeding.  At previous meeting we had more or less decided against extension but receipt of the above information and view expressed by Terry Hamblin that cost would be lot less than previously estimated caused us to look at this again, although not necessarily to carry out in immediate future.  SV to check with TS size he had looked at and to ascertain his views if cost lower.  SV then to contact Jan Robson and Lee Wright for rough idea of how much it would cost to draw up plans. If go ahead could apply for planning which would be good for 5 years. Linked to any funding applications we would need to photograph events in coming months which demonstrate need for extension, also could we have access to photos taken at Big Band Concert in Nov. (ask JP). SV also asked if question relating to proposed extension could go in village survey, CP to speak to Graham Harris.  3) SV had arranged for Frank Higgins to contact boat owners and ask them to move it to grassed end of car park but no response yet.

 

Fund raising    SV to contact Worleys to see if Sat 22nd April possible for village quiz, CP to pencil in diary.

                 

AOB                None raised

 

Next meeting, Monday 30th January 8.00pm Please note date.  Meeting to be last Monday of month until further notice.

                                   

 

Signed Chair/Secretary                                                                     Treasurer

Date                                                                                                    Date