Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on 30th Jan 2006

 

Present ††††††††††† K. Cockroft, R.Orpwood, J. Phillips, S. Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent†††††† G. Baker, J. Brewster, S. Cambourne, C. Peat, T. Schlechter

Minutes ††††††††††† Of previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurerís ReportKC presented report to the committee.Main change will be start of income from short mat bowls.Performing rights bill slightly less this year as basing on income,100 Club forms going out shortly, hope first draw will be in March depending on how many sold.

Booking Clerkís reportIn CPís absence SV reported on their recent meeting to discuss the revised booking form and conditions.SV had obtained forms and CD from CC of Somerset and we are intending to use these with some small amendments.SV to contact CCS for clarification of a couple of points and let CP have the info for her to complete changes.Committee happy to use changes already suggested by SV and CP. The disclaimer form from Rod had been changed to refer to Memorial Hall rather than Bell and Rod had confirmed that training just to point out laws re serving under 18ís etc, as on disclaimer, to hirer who is to be responsible for event/bar.

 

Correspondence1) Letter of confirmation for place for SV on fire risk assessment course at Dinder on 2nd Feb. 2) Poster from Mendip Community Support to put up in Hall. 3) Calor Village of the Year application form, SV to take copy and complete as far as pos, then pass on to Parish Council for further input before transferring everything to original form to mail, closing date 31st March.4) SV had sent page from Fosseway with license application on to Mendip but still no licence issued.They have received it but are very behind with issuing licenses. 5) Copies of Newsletter from CCS plus funding update sheet. 6) Letter from Jan Robson stating approx costs of plans etc re proposed extension.Not had reply from Lee Wright yet, (TS to arrange, not present) but Jan likely to be cheaper as already has drawings of existing building/site.Will need to decide more specifically what require from extension, to discuss at next meeting, SV to ask if Jan could come along to assist.KC to ask builder Terry Hamblin estimate of cost extension same size as kitchen/bar.

Maintenance1) Drainage/Sewage, no reply from Terry Hamblin, KC to chase, SV gave KC forms from Wessex Water and Somerset CC to assist in discussion with TH.2) Extension, see pt 6 above, also asked JP to see if could get hold of photos taken by Big Band in Nov. 3) Car Park, Guy had kindly removed the container of blocks, boat still not moved to rear of car park as requested but reasonably out of the way, owner planning to sell. 2 Untaxed cars still being investigated. 4) SV expressed concern that storage heaters functioning well as Hall had been very cold at start of some recent events, to investigate and contact Paul Burlison if necessary. 5) Car park light had been vandalised, reports of being used as football target practice.Bulbs £10 each so Paul has changed to ordinary light using cheap bulbs.

 

Fund raising††† Worleys have confirmed Sat 22nd April fine for village quiz, KC away for run up to this, SV noted may need more publicity than usual as pub has been running quizzes on regular basis, probably do leaflet drop nearer the time and write to village groups.

†† ††††††††††††

AOB††† ††††††††††† None raised

Next meeting, Monday 27th February 8.00pm.Again please note date, meetings now last Monday of month.

††††††††††††††††††††††† †††††††††††

 

Signed Chair/Secretary†††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ††††††††††† Treasurer

Date††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† Date