Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on 27th Feb 2006

 

Present ††††††††††† K. Cockroft, R.Orpwood, J. Phillips, S. Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent†††††† G. Baker, J. Brewster, S. Cambourne, C. Peat, T. Schlechter

Minutes ††††††††††† Of previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurerís ReportKCís report showed little change except new regular income from short mat bowls.Membership for 100 club anticipated to be 77, 2 new, 3 lost.We are now on the business rate for the electricity as SWEB say will be cheaper, JP warned of necessity to check future bills correct as difficult to get refund on this tariff.

Booking Clerkís reportCP unable to attend due to illness, had spoken to SV and reported some childrenís parties booked but everything else unchanged.New booking forms still being prepared.

 

Correspondence1) Letter from fete committee for us to copy saying happy to be sponsors of dog show this year, SV to do. 2) Quote from Lee Wright for drawings re planning application, Jan Robsonís cheaper, committee decided to accept the latter.SV to inform him and arrange meeting with Jan, SV and KC to discuss requirements.SV to write to Lee Wright to thank for quote. If extension goes ahead will need to liase with Toddler group about re-positioning of their shed. 3) Photos from JP of Big Band concert re evidence for future fundraising for extension. 4) License still not received SV to ask CP to chase.

Maintenance1) Drainage/Sewage, KC to chase Terry Hamblin again, hopes to do work up to our boundary cutting out need for other contractors and Wessex Water. 2) Car Park, hooray! Many thanks to PCSO Paul Emery for his assistance in clearing the untaxed cars from the Hall premises.3) SV had observed storage heaters seemed OK but in the very cold weather main heaters needed to be on before an event started, down to individual hirers.

 

Fund raising††† To discuss quiz on 22nd April at next meeting, SV reported it had already been mentioned at WI meeting although no teams entered yet. SV felt needed to do a leaflet drop and letters to groups as the pub now has monthly quizzes and was concerned this may reduce the appeal of the Hall one, need to emphasize will have team name on trophy and history of event.

†† ††††††††††††

AOB††† 1)Following her attendance at a fire risk assessment training day at Dinder SV informed committee that the assessment and consequential policy for the hall would probably need to be done by July. (This responsibility passing to individual premises rather than fire service but date not definite yet)Course had stressed need small group of people to do assessment, preferably from various groups that use premises.SV to arrange date for this with KC but also to ask GB and TS to help as both involved with user groups. 2) Village of year competition: SV had completed rough draft of application form but not passed on to Parish Council partly as not sure if could answer enough sections positively to be worth entering.However committee felt worth going ahead and that Parish Council and Village Plan Committee should see it as it highlights some of the things we may like in our village such as a welcome pack with local info for all newcomers.SV to complete copy and pass to the other committees.

Next meeting, Monday 27th March 8.00pm.†††††††† †††††††††††††††††††††††

 

Signed Chair/Secretary†††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ††††††††††† Treasurer

Date††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† Date