Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee
Minutes of Meeting Held on 26th June 2006
Present ††††††††††† G. Baker, K. Cockroft, C. Peat, S. Vaughan
Apologies/Absent†††††† J. Brewster, S. Cambourne, R.Orpwood, T. Schlechter
Minutes ††††††††††† Of previous meeting were agreed and signed, having amended date of meeting.
Treasurerís Report† Insurance of £635 due soon so leaving cash in current account to cover this, KC had looked at details of another policy but felt present one best suited to village halls.† Chubb had quoted for purchase of current extinguishers plus two extra which committee decided necessary following our fire safety check, which would mean far lower annual costs, (currently rented).† KC to go ahead and arrange. Quiz profit around £200, bill for wine from pub to be added to next bill by Rod. 100 club draw: 1st (£15.20) Mrs Wickham, 2nd (£7.60) Chris Cudmore, 3rd (£3.80) Anne Wells.
Correspondence† 1) Letter to say did not progress to finals of Calor village of year comp, asked to attend presentations in Taunton Sun 2nd July, no one available. 2) Charity Commission newsletter and details of online registration, SV to read first and enter second.† 3) C C for Somerset, Thatch and Newsletter, SV to read and report on. 4) Vista form for requesting training, SV to complete.
Maintenance† 1) Terry Hamblin, see Booking Clerk. 2) Gap in guttering, TS to repair in dry spell, SV has materials. 3) TS not present no update on stones thrown onto Hall roof, 4) Extension: since last meeting SV had suggested to Jan Robson that building on the side of the hall adjacent to the car park may provide a solution to avoid tree roots and also useful extra space off the existing bar during functions.† JR had said would produce plan to show this but nothing received to date, SV would need to investigate moving telegraph pole if building on this side. However committee felt we should wait for outcome of Parish Plan questionnaire before proceeding further as it includes suggestion of knocking down Hall and new premises built on Rec Field.
Fund raising††† 1) Take Art rang to say we have Shoo Shoo Baby for 13th Oct, paperwork to follow.2) Fete very successful, tea tent busy, thanks to all who helped, SV ill could not attend.3) Sian Williams rang to check her play confirmed for 10th Nov.
Next meeting, Monday 24th July 8.00pm.† †††††††††††††††††††††††
Signed Chair/Secretary†††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† ††††††††††† Treasurer
Date††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††† Date