Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on 27th Nov 2006

 

Present           K. Cockroft, T Schlechter, S. Vaughan

 

Apologies        G. Baker, R.Orpwood, C. Peat

 

Minutes          Of previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report this took the form of the Annual Report which was presented to the committee and approved by them, copies given to those present, others available on request. Three 100 club draws were made with results as follows.  October draw: 1st (£15.20) Barbara and Dave Turner, 2nd (7.60) Vicky Winks 3rd (£3.80) Brian Loten.  November draw: 1st Jo Anderson, 2nd Dave and Sue Mattick, 3rd Vera Carey.  December draw, special prize (£76) Yvonne Hughes,  1st Wendy and Des Worley, 2nd Ulwin Bilk and 3rd Sue Vaughan.

 

Booking Clerk’s   Report  CP unable to attend but had not reported any current problems.  SV was pleased to announce Brenda Wigmore had agreed to take over from CP as booking clerk and CP willing to help with the changeover and assist BW with this as required.  SV also willing to help BW if needed. It was noted that table tennis bookings have been suspended until after Christmas when TS will evaluate the situation including answers given to the Parish Plan questionnaire.

 

Correspondence  1) Electricity bill received by KC and 2) an incorrect invoice from Chubb not taking into account that we now own extinguishers rather than hire them, Chubb to credit us. 3) Bill from Rod for beer at Mad Woman in the Attic evening.

 

Maintenance  1) Gap in guttering, TS will do, probably in spring, SV has materials.  2) Correct fire escape notices still not received from Chubb as promised, KC to continue to chase.  3) KC to arrange chair cover repairs when can find a gap in bookings where chairs not needed. 4) SV noted security light adjacent to car park not working, will replace, probably with low energy bulb. 

 

Fund raising    The Mad Woman in the Attic play had been a very enjoyable evening, nothing to arrange until the quiz, usually held in April, will discuss in New Year. 

 

AOB     1)  Risk assessments still O/S.  2) Inventory still not discussed, do at next meeting 3) Cupboard to be cleared of abandoned items some time after AGM. 4) Extension: Jan Robson currently preparing plans to submit to Mendip.  No formal response from Parish Council re our request that the planning submission be put in their name which saves half the fee but members of PC have indicated this should be acceptable.

 

Next meeting, Wed 3rd January at 8pm.

 

PLEASE NOTE THIS UNUSUAL DATE FOR THE HALL COMMITTEE AND ALSO OUR INTENTION TO HAVE ALL FOLLOWING MEETINGS ON THE FIRST MONDAY OF THE MONTH AS LONG AS THIS SUITS THE MAJORITY OF THE COMMITTEE. 

 

 

 

Signed Chair/Secretary                                                                     Treasurer

Date                                                                                                    Date