Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on 2nd April 2007

 

Present ††††††††† G Baker, K Cockroft, J Phillips, S Vaughan

 

Apologies††††††† R Orpwood, B Wigmore

Minutes †††††††† Of previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurerís Report KC reported continued good balance, decided not to allocate anything specifically for planning costs at this stage. Letter from Mendip stating as previous years no rates charge to be made. Certificate from Performing Rights Society and request from Community Council for Somerset for subs of £20.Two 100 Clubs drawn as follows, 1) 1st Jane Weston, 2nd Steve Anderson, 3rd Sue Cambourne. 2) 1st Paul Burlison, 2nd Roger Orpwood, 3rd Tony Gould.Prizes £14.20, £7.10 and £3.55.74 participants, KC unable to contact Trevor Abel, has he moved?

Booking Clerkís ReportBW sent list of April events. SV to reply to enquiry from Mrs Phillips re a Wed evening booking, currently yoga from 6.30 - 8.00pm.Note did not cover issue of table from Under Fives, SV has resolved, to explain at May meeting.

 

Correspondence1) Letter from Jan Robson re acknowledgement of planning application from Mendip and receipt for charge for this. 2) Letter from Somerset Aggregates Levy Fund re application for funding to move electric supply, they are meeting early April and will inform us of decision.3) Message from Parish Council, will not re-imburse for planning fee but will give £150 for urn if we purchase, (should only need £11 added) SV to order. 4) Invite to Promoters afternoon on 28th April GB to attend 5) Invite to celebration tea on 19th April for Hallmark award holders, SV may be able to go.

 

Maintenance1) Gap in guttering still o/s, TS to do in spring? SV has materials.2) Chair covers KC to arrange after Wed 4th April but before Sat 28th3) Have windows been cleaned yet, SV to monitor, may need to change cleaner, Gary Clark recommended by JP. 4) Maintenance morning agreed for 10am start Sat June 2nd. 5) SV reported continued problems with light at side of car park, had spoken that day to 2 youngsters who a neighbour had reported but not clear if they were involved or not.††

 

Fund raising†† 1) Quiz on 28th April, arrangements as per last minutes, GB to send crisps etc and Shield over with Clive on afternoon of 28th, SV, KC and possibly JP to put chairs/tables etc out from 2pm.Many thanks to GB for raffle prize of chocolates, SV to donate small bath pack and bottle wine, KC to give bottle of wine, any others gratefully received, ideally before the day so can see if need to buy anything. 2) JP had confirmed Big Band can do the 20th Oct, SV to ask BW to note in diary.

AOB†††† 1)Inventory, KC has additions, will let SV have details.

2) EXTENSIONSee Correspondence, application to Somerset Aggregates Levy Fund made and outcome awaited.Application to County Joint Scheme can be left until mid May/early June, SV to look at other funding available too and report at next meeting.Committee briefly discussed details needed for plans prior to asking builders for estimateswhich will be needed for funding applications.JP felt Jan Robson to lead on this, SV to speak to him again before contacting any builders.Some info e.g. materials to be used for shell of building, already on plans, internal details needed, e.g. separate lighting/heating circuit from main hallís.

 

Next meeting, Wednesday 2nd May at 8pm at Keithís house, Townsend Cottage, note change of usual date and venue due to Bank Holiday.††† Please attend if you can as would like some general discussion re extension criteria prior to any builders quotes being arranged.

 

Signed Chair/Secretary†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Treasurer

Date††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Date