Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on 3rd September 2007

 

Present ††††††††††††† G Baker, K Cockroft, R Orpwood, J Phillips, S Vaughan,B Wigmore

 

Apologies††††††† S Cambourne

 

Minutes †††††††† Of previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurerís Report KC noted cheque paid to Western Power Distribution for the re-location of the electricity supply and the re-imbursement from the Somerset Aggregates Levy Fund.Has paid T Hamblin for his work and will reclaim this from SALF once gets receipt.Financial year ends 30th September, all current expense claims must be in by then.100 Club draw as follows, special prize£35.50 - Joan & David Pattison. Draw one - 1st Derek Robinson, 2nd Kath Griffin, 3rd Olwen Bilk.Draw two - 1st Monica Orledge, 2nd Phillip Denny, 3rd June Brewster. Prizes £14.20, £7.10 and £3.55.

 

Booking Clerkís ReportAnother dance practice couple are looking for a regular booking slot but may be prepared to be flexible.There have been some problems with hirers not cleaning up properly after childrenís parties, BW willing to continue covering this but situation needs monitoring, SV will mention in magazine.BW to speak to Toddlers re lack of padlock on their cupboard and ask them to remove broken down section on end of their shed.A donation of £8 had been received from a hirer in addition to hire charge, BW to send SV details and she will send letter of thanks. SV had arranged for an 11 week beginners/improvers computer course to run in January if enough people interested, good response so far, Bridgewater College to send posters nearer the time.

 

Correspondence SV had received notice of Community Councilís AGM and minutes from last year, GB to consider going. Eileen Zoers gave SV pack with fundraising tips for possible action once know outcome of grant application.SV had received some info. sheets from Graham Harris explaining the intended functions of the proposed new hall at the Rec field and she gave copies to the committee.††

MaintenanceSV and BW did inventory in Aug and SV gave copies to committee. SV had purchased 12 mixer glasses and some anti-sceptic wipes but nothing else needed replacing.Noted a lot of mops in storeroom, some in poor condition, to speak to Mrs R to see if can get rid of some, also need to scrap old scoreboard in there. Light socket near door has been blanked off, only re-instate once tables stored elsewhere. Had been reports of problems with front door lock but seemed OK at the moment.

Fund raising†† Big Band Concert 20th Oct.J P to liaise with band re- fee, free drinks or not etc. and who to do posters/tickets - band contact or RO.In later discussion committee felt although it was a kind offer that a committee member should take responsibility for posters and tickets, so RO to let JP know and let SV have posters to laminate and put up by Friday 5th October.Tickets will be £6, £5 concessions, 7.30 bar for 8.00 start, GB to organise food which may be ploughmanís with salad platter garnish. Will need raffle prizes, committee asked to keep look out and SV will ask in mag. RO offered to man bar, (not at next meeting) but other staffing etc left to Oct meeting.

AOB†††† 1) EXTENSIONSV had had meetings with Sally Gubb from Mendip and Eileen Zoers representing Somerset CC.Overall positive response from them although some concernfrom Sally about the possible Hall at Rec field and SV will e mail her with info sent by Graham Harris. Should know result in principle if OK Oct/Nov but not amount. 2) SV had sent in application for Somerset Broadplaces Scheme.If successful may get computer/projector and Internet connection provided.

3) Date of AGM was decided, Monday 5th November, as usual short Hall meeting at 7.30, AGM at 8.

 

Next meeting, Wed 3rd October 8pm at Townsend House.††††††† Please note different day and venue.

 

Signed Chair/Secretary†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Treasurer

Date†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Date