Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on 3rd October 2007

 

Present ††††††††††††† S Cambourne, K Cockroft, M Read, S Vaughan,B Wigmore

 

Apologies††††††† G Baker, R Orpwood, J Phillips

 

Minutes †††††††† Of previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurerís Report KCís report was the yearly one to be checked by Graeme King prior to AGM.Various items were explained and a receipted invoice from Terry Hamblin for the groundwork to relocate the electricity supply passed to SV for forwarding to Somerset Aggregates Levy fund who are to re-imburse us for most of it.KC expressed concern on level of income, BW suggested raising licence charge (to £15?) Committee to look at this in Jan, plus review other charges. 100 Club draw as follows, 1st Tom Rodford, 2nd KR & JM Davies, 3rd Ron Beauchamp.

 

Booking Clerkís ReportThree dates had been provisionally reserved for a possible election.Re the dance practice request, SV confirmed happy to let them have Friday evening on regular basis as long as give way for the rare occasion such as Church Christmas fair.No further contact from FOLs re need for 17th Nov (craft fair?) booking, BW to chase.Request from art group for external ash bin similar to pubís, committee happy to buy one, BW/SC to ask Rod where got it from etc.BW to keep afternoon as well as evening of 20th Oct free to allow Big Band and committee to set up stage and hall etc, decided 2.00pm Big Band, 3.00pm volunteers from Hall committee.SV reminded meeting of computer course booked for Jan, MR asked for name to be added to list interested, SV to contact everyone nearer the time.

 

Correspondence Very little this month.Copy of certificate from Graham Harris naming Leigh as overall winner for Somerset of Calor Village of Year comp, SV to put up in Hall.

MaintenanceBin request see Booking Clerk. SV had asked Mrs Rabbitts to put unwanted mops in foyer for her to dispose of but none there so far, will remind at some point, not urgent.

Fund raising†† Big Band Concert 20th Oct.J P had advised Big Band happy to take max fee £100 or 50% of ticket sales if less.Also requested 20 half price drinks for band, committee agreed to this, SV to produce tickets to hand to bar staff.RO had produced flyers and tickets, SV had printed off flyers and asked some members of committee to distribute.SV apologised for mix up with magazine entry, minutes had gone in not article, also editor had ignored request to put Big Band in Diary Dates so important to get as much advertising out as pos.SV had put posters up and gave some to committee. SV requested raffle prizes by Sat a.m. if pos so can buy one if short. SV to provide bottles and candles plus check if need raffle tickets. RO and KC staffing bar, SV and Daggs on door/raffle.GB organising food with help on day from committee. SV to produce bar list, SC advised leave Henrys at £2.30 but felt should raise soft drinks price, 80p agreed on.

AOB†††† 1) Extension - SV expecting initial result, although not amount, of grant application by end Oct.2) Not successful with Somerset Broadplaces Scheme. They felt application did not show how would benefit individuals or those in wider area than village, although agreed would have been useful for groups like WI. 3) Date of AGM changed to, Monday 26thNovember, as usual short Hall meeting at 7.30, AGM at 8, SV to send invites to groups and ask for new date to be put in magís diary dates.4) SV had introduced Marsha Read, Parish Council rep, to the committee earlier in the meeting, took her contact details and promised to ensure has welcome pack, (chase Ty for items to pass on).

 

Next meeting, Monday 26th November at 7.30pm followed by AGM at 8pm.

 

Signed Chair/Secretary†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Treasurer

Date†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Date