Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on 6th May 2008

 

Present              G Baker, K Cockroft, R Orpwood, J Phillips, M Read, S Vaughan, B Wigmore

 

Apologies/Absent       S Cambourne,

 

Prior to start of formal meeting SV announced cancellation of Mice Racing evening due to sad death of organiser.  MR said the Masqueraders willing to re-schedule for 2nd Aug and committee agreed. MR to inform ticket buyers etc, SV to put up cancelled notices on posters.  Beer already cancelled.

 

Minutes  of previous meeting agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report Little activity in accounts but KC had sorted out query from Mendip re licensing fee, they had mislaid our cheque, now found!  Note approx  £700 due soon for insurance. Form from insurers re building work passed to SV to complete. Need to get estimate from Rob Moore on dates of first and second payments for extension and explain possible time lapse for grant money to come in.  SV also to check if hall can be used at all during the work. Two 100 club draws made, first one :-1) Joan and David Pattison, 2) Margaret Loten 3) Alastair Weston, second draw 1) June Brewster. 2) Brenda Wigmore 3) Shelagh Haywood

 

Booking Clerk’s Report  BW had tried several times in vain to get payment from toddler group, SV to see Sarah Middle. Dance group’s Active Living funding running out soon, don’t know yet if they will re-book paying extra fees themselves.  Yoga to switch from Fri am to Wed am in near future.

 

Correspondence 1) Confirmation from Mendip of grant for extension. 2) Mandate obtained by SV, RO and BW agreed to be extra signatories on a/c and to take completed form and appropriate ID into HSBC. 3) Thank you letter from Big Band for payment and request for future support

 

Maintenance  1) Problem with dirty floor for yoga and art reported, SV to ring Mrs Rabbitts to see when it was cleaned and try and ensure done before these events in future.  2) Broken section of toddlers shed still there but seems to have been tidied up and made safe. 3) SV and KC carried out maintenance morning on 3rd, cleaned behind heaters, outside notices, inside paintwork and gutters, section of latter on left side of Hall needs re-positioning, SV to ask builder when starts extension work.

 

Fund raising   1) Quiz 12th April.  This did make a small profit which looked unlikely with number of bookings at date of last meeting.  2) Mice Race re-scheduled for 2nd Aug, see start of minutes. 3) Fete arrangements going well, stubs/payments for raffle tickets to go back to GB or treasurer Shelagh Haywood.  MR offered help, GB to bring list of times needed to next meeting.  4) Re fundraising for extension and timing of agreed funding, MR raised issue of Parish Council contribution being paid over 2 years.  SV acknowledged this had been original plan but did not think this was referred to in confirmation letter from PC, both MR and SV will check for next meeting.  SV gave breakdown of possible extension costs and funding which showed that may be able to cover total even without further funding applied for although may need loan in short term until PC or all main grant paid, figures available on request.  5) MR offered partner’s help with tiling new loo, MR to assist.

 

AOB    1) At request of committee SV to bring plans for extension to next meeting so can discuss minor points of door position, lighting, heating etc.  2) it was asked if Rec Field could use a table tennis table, currently stored at Hall, SV doubted they had room but will ask Vicky Higgins.

 

Next meeting Monday 2nd June at 8pm.

 

Signed Chair/Secretary                                                                       Treasurer

Date                                                                                                    Date