Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on 2nd June 2008

 

Present              G Baker, K Cockroft, J Phillips, M Read, S Vaughan,

 

Apologies/Absent       S Cambourne, R Orpwood, B Wigmore

 

Minutes  of previous meeting agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report None available for meeting.  2 x 100 club draws to be made next month.

 

Booking Clerk’s Report  BW unable to attend, no report.

 

Correspondence 1) Thatch magazine, SV to read and report to committee at next meeting, available for anyone to borrow. 2) Mandate - both RO and BW absent, check progress at July meeting. 3) Newsletters from CC for Somerset, SV noted article on P45/P46, may affect employment of Mrs Rabbitts, SV will investigate, 1 copy given to KC to circulate. 4) Nomination form for CC of S committee member award given to JP/GB  5) funding info sheet, SV to reserve in case of need 6) CC of S form re new Pat testing service, KC to give SV current costs to enter on form to send off, may be cheaper. 7) Form from CC of S re equipment hire directory, SV to enter table tennis tables.

 

Maintenance  1) Dirty floor for yoga, SV had spoken to Mrs R and explained problem, she agreed to try and get down before Fri yoga.  However change of yoga to Wed may cause problems, SV to monitor. 2) Thanks to Daggs for replacing the pull cord in disabled loo with one low enough to be reached from wheelchair. 3) KC expressed concern about situation with car park in connection with the pub.  Stressed we must make our hirers aware can only use Hall section, SV said already do so in paperwork sent out to all bookings but suggested could re-enforce this with personal visit at start of regular bookings say at start of next term in September. 

 

Fund raising   1) Quiz 12th April, revised profit nearly £200, so well done to all involved.  2) Mice Racing confirmed as re-scheduled for 2nd Aug, SV to print off revised flyers for July mag, and also posters to put up nearer the time.  To ask RO to produce new tickets.  MR had checked all sponsors and raffle prizes still OK, although some ticket sales lost so need to start trying to sell tickets again as soon as possible. 3) Fete, GB had brought list of times when help needed on refreshment stall and MR agreed to do two sessions.  Other committee members already signed up where available.  4) Re extension, SV reported that Somerset Aggregate Levy meeting is on 25th June and we should know soon after that if funding application successful. MR to check with parish council when their grant will actually be given, if whole lot in one go or if have to wait until next year for some, total likely to only be around £3,400 (10%) not the max of £4K. 5) Take Art, after small committee meeting previous week SV had applied for jazz singer Helen Barrett 25th Oct or 1st Nov, with second choice The Gillette Brothers 11th Oct, SV will let committee know once get decision.  

 

AOB    1) SV brought in plans for extension and reported on meeting that day between herself, KC, Rob Moore the builder and architect and health and safety, (CDM) co-ordinator Jan Robson.  Some minor worries from builder had been sorted out and all looks fine to start work on 7th July.  SV and KC to attend weekly (Thurs 5pm) meetings with builder during project.  Committee queried  why 3 windows being taken out but only 2 put in equivalent area of extension and if storage heater needed moving as planned.  Confirmed need a heater in new committee room separately operated from those in main hall.  SV to check these points with Jan Robson and Rob Moore, also has to produce waste management form to give to Rob. and complete query form from insurance once he gives me JCT info.

 

Next meeting Wednesday 9th July at 8pm, note change of day due to other commitments.

 

Signed Chair/Secretary                                                                       Treasurer

Date                                                                                                    Date