Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

Minutes of Meeting Held on 9th July 2008

Present K Cockroft, R Orpwood, J Phillips, M Read, S Vaughan,

Apologies/Absent G Baker, S Cambourne, B Wigmore

Minutes of previous meeting agreed and signed.

Treasurer’s Report Good bank balance still, insurance bill for year just paid plus electric bill. 100 club draws as follows. Draw 1 1st Marsha Reed, 2nd Patricia Simpson, 3rd Brenda Wigmore. Draw 2 Special prize Roy Haywood, 1st Anne and Jan Robson, 2nd Liz Robinson, 3rd Derek Robinson

Booking Clerk’s Report BW unable to attend so no formal report but list of current bookings e mailed to SV who will give copy to KC to retain if needed re building work.

Correspondence 1) Letter from Aggregate Levy fund to say we have secured the funding applied for. 2) Letter from Take Art with confirmation of booking for jazz singer Helen Barrett on 25th October.

Maintenance 1) Car parking still a concern, MR had asked Vickie Taylor to speak to Owl Babies re using Hall part of car park or clearing with pub to use theirs. SV had included request in parish mag for patience with restricted parking during extension build and for hirers not to use pub car park unless had permission. 2) Ty consulting Council re situation of overgrown hedge in Bellfield. 3) SV was concerned that floor may not be clean enough for yoga once switches to Weds as this follows Toddlers bookings on Tues. May need to ask Mrs Rabbitts if could change cleaning to Tues afternoon, this would also suit short mat bowls on Tues eves. Will leave to start of autumn term and monitor.

Fund raising 1) Despite indifferent weather village fete had been successful and pay out not expected to be much less than last year. 2) Mice Racing: - sadly many people, previously booked, had cancelled for new date, leaving insufficient numbers to make this a success. We therefore reluctantly once again cancelled the booking with possibility of running next spring. MR to contact Masqueraders and anyone booked. 3) Grand draw. Decided to go ahead with this on its own as some prizes had cut off date. SV to make arrangements and she and MR to sell tickets in the village, agreed to sell for £5 a strip as good prizes, draw to be in Bell Inn at 8pm on Monday 4th August, no ordinary Hall meeting for August. 4) MR confirmed that PC will give us the first £2K of grant once building work starts and rest next year.

AOB 1) Start of build delayed one week to 14th July. 2) RO said had not forgotten about mandate for signatories, will liase with BW.

No meeting in August. September meeting Monday 1st at 8pm, to be confirmed at prize draw in Bell on Monday 4th August.

Signed Chair/Secretary Treasurer

Date Date