Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Draft  Minutes of Meeting Held on 1st September 2008

 

Present               G Baker, K Cockroft, J Phillips, M Read, S Vaughan,

 

Apologies/Absent       S Cambourne, R Orpwood, B Wigmore

 

Minutes  of previous meeting agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report  KC pointed out movements in accounts for money going out to builder and coming in from grants.  Also noted payments to Dyno Rod and Mendip Building Regs both of which we hope to get 50% back from grant application.  Profit of over £700 made from recent raffle, thanks again to MR for all her hard work, KC to complete return using details of sponsors and prizes from where listed in Parish magazine.  100 club draws as follows. Draw 1 1st Phillip Denny, 2nd Julie Evans, 3rd June Brewster.  Draw 2, 1st Linda Burlison, 2nd Rose Beauchamp, 3rd Collette and Daniel Mears.  100 club joining form requested by Tina Johnson.

 

Booking Clerk’s Report  BW on holiday, SV holding diary, expressed concern for forthcoming WI, yoga, dance and toddler bookings re smell of damp plaster and condition of Hall floor.  Has advised WI to inspect before using Mon 8th, SV will monitor and inform other groups of situation if necessary.  Floor very dull and ingrained dirt, may need treatment, JP to investigate companies for the job.

 

Correspondence 1) Two invoices from builder Rob Moore to date, one already paid, advice notes re payment of grant from Aggregate Levy grant and from Somerset and Mendip councils.  2) SV  had received and put up posters from Take Art re coming dance class, flyers for this given out at meeting.

 

Maintenance  1) No news re Ty consulting Council re situation of overgrown hedge in Bellfield, MR to report back at next meeting. 2) SV to contact Mrs Rabbitts re possibility of changing her cleaning day to Tues between 11.30am and 7pm to ensure floor clean for yoga and short mat bowls, now Wed aft and Tues eve.  Will also ask if any thoughts on condition of Hall floor. 3) Mould under sink again, Daggs has repaired tap but  still small leak , also damp getting in from outside? Inspect when light.

 

Fund raising   1) Draw very successful, see Treasurer’s report. 2) Take Art concert with Helen Barrett on Sat 25th Oct, 7.30 bar for 8.00 start.  Tickets, posters, flyers and mentions in local press due from Take Art 5-6 weeks before date of show, SV to distribute as appropriate when arrive.  Cost to be £8 adults, £5 children to include light supper, no concessions for retired as Take Art impose a minimum fee per ticket and this would mean raising the adult rate even higher, also many of our audience are retired and difficult then to raise Take Art fee required. Committee decided to leave details, food, staffing etc to next meeting. 

AOB    1) SV gave update on progress of extension and committee chose paint colour, Homebase Duracoat Caramel Cream, for builder to use in areas agreed with view to using it throughout ourselves when plaster dry. 2) SV to apply for funding towards paint/flooring from County Councillor Gloria Cawood.  3) Unable to check progress on signature mandate as RO and BW absent. 4) date set for AGM Mon 3rd Nov 8pm, preceded by short Hall meeting to sign off annual reports etc at 7.30. 5) if latest grant application not in by end of week, SV to ask builder if wants part payment of £10k for current invoice as insufficient funds to pay all until grant in.

 
Next meeting Monday October 6th 8pm, AGM Mon 3rd Nov 8pm, preceded by Hall meeting 7.30pm
 

 

 

 

Signed Chair/Secretary                                                                       Treasurer

Date                                                                                                    Date