Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on 5th January 2009

 

Present               G Baker, S Cambourne, K Cockroft, R Orpwood, S Vaughan, B Wigmore

 

Apologies/Absent        V Barns, J Phillips, M Read

 

Minutes of previous meeting agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report KC noted little change but proposed transferring some of the current account balance to the deposit account, committee agreed. KC also noted that in spite of contacting parish mag had not received invoices for our advert for a long time.

 

Booking Clerk’s Report  BW presented her report, which included the new ALC bookings, garden and computer groups.  SV told committee short mat bowls group had reported their coffee used by others and sugar bowl missing, BW thought had happened during school play period.  SV to put note in magazine and smb group to start using combination lock for cupboard.  SV had e mailed VB re Toddler group ensuring hall floor clean after their sessions so OK for smb group to use later but had not received any reply. As mentioned last meeting SV to put note in magazine re non increase of charges but BW pointed out old pre Jan 08 prices still in magazine ad which will need mentioning, RO to update ad and to include more detail such as small committee room and internet connection, BW to liase.  Also to investigate putting the ad in parish mags in Coleford and Mells.

 

Correspondence 1) SV had received various positive reports from departments of Mendip and the fire service re our application for variation of the licence but new licence not yet received.  Will contact Caroline if nothing in next week or two.  2) SV had written to Tarmac asking for some gravel for car park but no reply yet, will chase if no reply soon, had included mention of availability of small meeting room, BW requested copy of letter. 

 

Maintenance  1) Tub at front had been moved but one at side still needs adjusting, SV to arrange. 2) Letter re gravel sent see above. 3) Heater in meeting room not working, SV to contact electrician.

 

Fund raising   1) GB noted fete meetings starting at end of month, any ideas welcome.  2) Hope to do usual village quiz in April, still to arrange.  3) SV had rung MR with figure o/s from Parish Council grant.  SV had documentation with her in case needed for confirmation or clarification but MR not present so SV will bring again in February.

AOB  1) RO and BW still to arrange to sign mandate. 2) GB mentioned that some items of clothing had been on hallstand for nearly 2 years, committee agreed they could be removed.  3) GB was also concerned about the presence of the rubbish bin at the front of the hall, which she felt was unsightly and unnecessary.  BW also noted the occasional cigarette stub had been put in it, a potential fire hazard.  GB will arrange to take it down and we will monitor situation in next few months to see if rubbish left around front of hall becomes a problem in which case it may need to go back, maybe in different position away from cigarette stub bin.  4) The committee were asked to assist with taking down the Christmas decorations after the meeting.

 

 

 

 

Next meeting Monday 2nd February at 8pm

 

Signed Chair/Secretary                                                                       Treasurer

Date                                                                                                    Date