Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 5th Oct 2009

 

Present               G Baker,V Barnes, K Cockroft, S Vaughan, B Wigmore

 

Apologies/Absent       S Cambourne, R Orpwood, M Read

 

Minutes of previous meeting agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report This was also the end of year report.  KC explained some of the items including noting he had increased the insurance cover to reflect the building of the extension. He also recorded an increase in income from hirings mainly generated by the extension and the addition of the LOMCAG activities. He also reported that all 5 grants received in the year had been used for the purposes they had been applied for. 100 Club - 1st Val Blunden £16, 2nd Yvonne Hughes £8, 3rd Jan and Denis Pattison £4.

 

Booking Clerk’s Report BW gave her report to the committee. There were two potential private bookings which were still to be confirmed and BW agreed to chase these again. We had also still not received payment from the Council for the Yoga sessions in spite of several requests, but BW will remind again.

 

Correspondence SV had received 1) Community Council’s Autumn newsletter - in this the minimum wage increase and an organisation offering free shed roof materials were noted 2) AGM invite from Community Council 3) Mendip Community Support Newsletter 4) Letter from Mr Brook re wall between Hall and his property. KC had received latest leaflet from Gopack, the table storage company.

 

Maintenance  1) SV had treated outside of Hall shed with preservative and re-treated brambles in car park, need to check again in spring. 2) SV had left message on Morris Brook’s phone saying would contact him after hall meeting. SV showed committee the Conveyance document where the land was originally given to the trustees of the Hall by the Lamb brewery and also the extensive minutes following a meeting in 1980 after a dispute re boundaries between the Hall and the pub.  In both documents it makes it clear that the Hall committee is obliged to maintain boundaries on the north and west sides of the plot (and technically the south too although it had long been accepted this be waived as would contravene the original intentions of the Lamb brewery as it would block access to the Hall). There was no mention of maintaining a boundary on the east side, which is where Mr Brook’s property is.  SV agreed to write to Mr Brooks explaining this and asking him to check his own deeds.  Any further action will be discussed once we have his response. Rubble on his property appears to be from collapsed wall 3) SV had requested new posters for outside notice board from scouts and WI but none had yet appeared, also asked VB to arrange new one from toddler group. 4) Broken shed now cleared, many thanks to toddler group. 5) Front door lock had become even worse but Daggs had now repaired it and problem should be solved, however SV asked committee to monitor this. 

 

Fund raising   MR not present and SV had not heard anything from her since last meeting, so we did not know the situation re the fashion show. SV had put a “to be confirmed” mention in the parish mag and will ring MR to find out if going ahead and report to rest of committee as soon as possible.

AOB  AGM - Both December and November had been considered for this but 2 members unable to make Dec date and only 1 the Nov. one.  AGM will therefore take place on Monday 2nd November at 8pm preceded by short Hall meeting at 7.30pm. 

 

Next meeting Monday 2nd November at 7.30pm followed by AGM at 8pm.

 

Signed Chair/Secretary                                                                       Treasurer

Date                                                                                                    Date