Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 4th Jan 2010

 

Present               G Baker, K Cockroft, M Read, S Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent       V Barnes, S Cambourne, R Orpwood, B Wigmore

 

Minutes of previous meeting agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report KC presented his report, noting the high level of expenditure in 09 related to final bills for the extension.  No 100 club draw this month.  KC raised issue of Mrs Rabbitts wages, he will ask Mrs R tell us how many hours a week she works (previously based wages on estimate of these) and SV to check minimum wage on Internet and let KC know rate, must ensure meeting this. 

 

Booking Clerk’s Report BW unable to attend but had sent her report via SV. Extra booking noted from Mendip Environment on 16th Jan, other bookings appeared to be usual regular ones.  SV reported had still been unable to arrange meeting with BW to alter booking documents to reflect dispensing with DPS so they are acceptable to Mendip but would arrange this as soon as possible.

 

Correspondence SV had received 1) advice from Mendip Planning re alterations at the Bell 2) copy of Thatch, SV still to read as also 3) Mendip community support letter 4) Take Art programme for Jan to May, any committee member wishing to view this please contact SV 5) meeting room hire ad from Community Council 6) Vista training programme for 2010 7) letter from Mr Brook refusing to take any share of financial responsibility for wall on our eastern boundary.  Letter appeared to say he was leaving decision on repairs to Hall and committee agreed that currently it was not a problem for us and so would take no action although SV did note this may need to be reviewed in years to come.

 

Maintenance  1) Boundary wall see Correspondence (7) above. SV had written to Mr Brook last on 7th December suggesting that the cost of any repair to the wall be shared equally between him and the Hall. Call from Terry Hamblin had confirmed drainage work not gone onto Mr B’s land but had been connected from our side to the drain in Bellfield.  Mr B had now asked to see copy of any drawing Terry had to cover this, SV to ask if there is one.  This is in connection with the part of the wall which is most tumbled down and which Mr B says was caused by work at the Hall. 2) SV reminded GB that still no new poster from WI. 3) Daggs had looked at concrete post at rear of building but would leave until warmer weather to repair.  4) SV to inspect reported leak from tap in kitchen.

 

Fund raising  1) SV had been contacted by a Hilary Strong re holding a comedy sketch evening in the Hall in March. SV had booked this for Sat 13th and the quiz with the Worleys for the 27th. Had agreed ticket price of £5 with Hilary to include nibbles but not drinks. Committee agreed start time to be 7.30 with show to start at 8.15, not 8.00 as requested as needed longer for drinks.  SV to advise HS. HS keen to involve WI as need as large an audience as pos for feedback before they appear at Bath Comedy Festival.  SV will arrange for WI to help with nibbles and get contact details of group WI’s to publicise event. Hall to share profits with WI or make them a donation, not decided which at meeting. 2) Fashion show still a possibility, MR to try again to get organiser to contact either herself or SV.

AOB  GB mentioned overgrown forsythia hedge round corner of Hall going into Bellfield.  GB to ask Clive if could cut it back for us, if more powerful cutter needed refer back to SV who will either ask Daggs or contact Dave Jarvis and pay him to do it. 

 

Next meeting Monday 1st February at 8.00pm.