Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 1st Feb 2010

 

Present               G Baker, K Cockroft, M Read, S Vaughan, B Wigmore

 

Apologies/Absent       V Barnes, S Cambourne, R Orpwood

 

Minutes of previous meeting agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report KC presented his report, pointing out the increase in non regular income for previous month compared with last year. Mrs Rabbitts had said worked minimum 2hrs a week but with her husband also helping.  SV had found minimum rate to be £5.80 which means will need to increase wages, KC to action. KC also noted the increase in electricity for this quarter, £50 more than last year and will check if increased charge rate accounts for this. Letters to go out for coming 100 club.  SV gave KC bill from Lawrence Fairfield for PAT tests and informed him of ALC’s intent to send cheque for half licence fee paid in autumn. This to cover their sale of alcohol at meetings. 

 

Booking Clerk’s Report BW gave her report, a busy January due to be followed by a quieter Feb. Committee agreed to waive fee for booked Fols coffee morning which did not take place and also for WI using hall for refreshments at litter pick in March as this event felt to benefit whole village.

 

Correspondence SV had received 1) bill from Lawrence Fairfield, see Treasurer’s Report 2) Take Art booklet with info on current productions. 3) New license received with need for DPS dispensed with.

 

Maintenance  1) SV to try and remember to ask WI for new poster at next meeting 2) Daggs still to replace concrete post at rear of building when weather better.3) SV had inspected tap in kitchen but could find no leak. 4) VB had reported hot water dangerously high temp, Daggs had lowered setting on thermostat but SV thought water still very hot when used recently. To monitor and see if thermostat needs replacing.  5) Daggs and SV had worked out how to operate extra rings on cooker, SV explained to committee and agreed to put notice up with instructions. 6) SV had received request from ALC to leave fridge on all the time as currently never cold enough for hygienic use.  Committee agreed to try this for a period and SV will look on net to see if any guide to running costs, ALC may pay towards these. SV to do notice saying leave fridge on.  Will also buy a fridge thermometer.

 

Fund raising  1) SV had contacted several local WI’s and the Parish Mag with basic info on the Let Them Eat Cake comedy sketch evening in the Hall on March 13th but was waiting for RO to get back from holiday and create posters and flyers before sending out anything more. Shelagh Haywood had offered to make some nibbles, SV also to do some and committee to also provide crisps/nuts. Will do more on this and general manning of event at next meeting. 2) Fashion show - MR had been contacted by the organisers and committee agreed to try for Tues 11th May, BW to confirm with MR that this is available (ie short mat bowls finished for season).

AOB  1) GB realised problem forsythia hedge not growing in Hall grounds.  SV suggested GB, and other neighbours in Bellfield, ring council and request action to try and get it cut. 2) Graham Harris had suggested they build bookcase in corner of meeting room for use of ALC and WI, committee agreed to give go ahead, he also requested putting leaflet holder in Hall, SV to see where this could go. 3) Graham for Mendip Environmental service to contact SV arrange free survey of Hall. SV needs any info available on construction of Hall and age of flat roof as no point insulating latter if replacing soon. KC to get together any info he has.


Next meeting Monday 1st March at 8.00pm.

 

Signed Chair/Secretary                                                                       Treasurer

Date                                                                                                    Date