Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 29th Mar 2010 (Apr meeting)

 

Present               K Cockroft, R Orpwood, S Vaughan, B Wigmore

 

Apologies/Absent       G Baker,V Barnes, S Cambourne, M Read, 

 

Minutes of previous meeting agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report KC presented his report including profits from quiz and Let Them Eat Cake, amount for latter slightly misleading as includes cost of some drinks we still have which can be used at coming events. Wages for Mrs Rabbitts discussed, increase to min wage for 2hrs a week agreed, KC to notify her and begin new payment when due. SV to get boxes filled with crumpled paper to put in fridge to help reduce running costs now on all the time. Two Hundred Club draws: 1) 1st Peter Bates, 2nd Sue Cambourne, 3rd Margaret Loten 2) 1st Rod Cambourne, 2nd Roy Haywood, 3rd Caroline Harris

 

Booking Clerk’s Report BW gave out her list of bookings for April, which reflected Easter break for some hirers.  Pointed out an enquiry for Sat 24th April, which has not heard back about yet. BW gave copy of recently revised hiring agreement to SV to check over and confirm OK to use. SV pleased to announce Roger and Ann Orpwood had agreed to take over the booking clerk job.  BW and RO to arrange handover between them, SV to assist with holding diary where necessary.

 

Correspondence 1) SV had booking form and other info for fashion show on May 11th,  2) 2nd contact from Somerset CC re payment of yoga hiring charges 3) request from Mendip to put aside various dates for hire of hall for coming election, already returned to them 4) invitation from Take Art to attend the annual “showcase” of events to help choose one for possible autumn show, SV to ask GB if wants to go, if not SV will try to do so.  KC had received form from Community Council re info on hall building, SV to complete where possible and return to KC for him to add his input.

 

Maintenance  1) Replacement of concrete post still o/s. 2) Daggs had replaced thermostat in water heater and turned setting right down, committee felt temp now OK, not too hot or cold 3) Complaint from ALC re cooker not being properly cleaned after recent barn dance and in fact previous one too.  SV to speak to Rec Field committee. 4) SV had attended meeting with Mendip Environmental’s John Tolson who is going to get an estimate sent for filling cavity walls and possibly insulating roof.  Also need to think about replacing flat kitchen roof, JT felt combination of these measures would solve damp problem in kitchen . 5) Gutters badly need cleaning out, SV to arrange, BW and JO offered to help.

 

Fund raising  1) Both Let Them Eat Cake and the Annual Quiz had gone very well, both supported well and made a profit.  2) Fashion show Tues 11th May - MR had passed booking form and other paperwork to SV who has confirmed booking after managing to work out how to fit enough people into hall along with the 17 x 4’ rails of clothes company bringing. RO to print tickets and must then start big effort to sell 80.  SV to arrange models and co-ordinate ticket sales. Travelling Trends to check one week before show if all 80 sold, if not may cancel. Essential we keep on top of this and let SV know if unable to sell your tickets or if need more.  SV to distribute tickets to committee members and models to sell. SV had printed off flyers done by RO for April mag, will do posters nearer time.

AOB  More detail was given on visit from Mendip Environmental

 

Next meeting Wed 5th May at 8.00pm. NOTE THIS CHANGE DUE TO MAY BANK HOL.

 

Signed Chair/Secretary                                                                       Treasurer

Date                                                                                                    Date