Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 6th September 2010

 

Present               G Baker, K Cockroft, S Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent       V Barnes, S Cambourne, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, M Read, B Wigmore

 

Minutes of    previous meeting agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report Currently around £2800 in current account and KC still intended to transfer some to savings account bearing in mind bill for new signs and eventually those for lock change and cavity wall insulation. Cheque for over £430 received for profit share from village fair.  There was one “special prize” 100 Club draw and two monthly ones, winners as follows. Special prize Patricia Simpson.  Aug draw -1st Peter Bates, 2nd Tina Johnson, 3rd Steve Anderson.  Sept draw - 1st Anne and Trevor Wells, 2nd Wendy and Des Worley, 3rd Olwen Bilk.

 

Booking Clerk’s Report  AO and RO unable to attend but had sent September diary sheet to SV who presented this to the committee.  SV reported the possibility of a regular booking from a Take Art dance class, we should know if successful in a couple of weeks. This would help replace the income from the Pilates evening session, which had to finish once the short mat bowls, re-started. In general the committee felt the Hall continued to be well used. Inventory now re-arranged to Thurs 9th Sept.

 

Correspondence 1) New emergency lighting test check list to put up. 2) Community Safety leaflet to put on notice board, SV had completed the attached survey and passed the second copy sent to Graham Harris. 3) Charity Commission newsletter stating this would be last paper copy.  SV had applied for password to enable us to receive future copies by e mail.  4) Details from Mendip of two sets of further conditions issued by the Government in connection with licence, which SV will attach to this. 5) Community Council Newsletter and invite to AGM.  Committee agreed did not want to attend but found advice available from CC for Somerset sometimes useful.

 

Maintenance  1) Thermostat – VB had reported water temp fine. 2) Insulation.  SV had received two quotes for cavity wall insulation in addition to John Tolson’s e mail. Suggested we choose one of these as both around £600 incl vat so lot cheaper and also still no paperwork from JT. SV to go ahead and arrange for the work to be done. May consider the expensive roof/ceiling insulation at later date once effects of cavity wall work clear, but current roof does have some insulation in it so benefit limited. 3) SV had obtained new notices re children’s play area and car park and thanked Daggs who had put them up. 4) SV still to re-paint skirting boards in main hall. 5) Ongoing problem with lock to front door, SV had arranged new lock with Permaframe who installed the door but they had still not carried out the work, SV to chase. 6) SV had weedkilled car park again after re-growth.

 

Fund raising  1) GB suggested some free nibbles at Hickman and Cassidy in Concert on Sat 4th December. Now unable to do main meal as to keep tickets affordable had already quoted price without food (adults £7, under 18’s £5) to Take Art. SV to contact online ticket company again, no info yet.

AOB  AGM.  Arranged date for this of Monday 1st Nov.  As usual short Hall meeting at 7.30, AGM at 8pm. NOTE ALL EXPENSE CLAIMS ETC MUST BE IN TO KEITH BY 27TH SEPT AT THE LATEST.  ANYTHING SUBMITTED AFTER THIS WILL BE DELAYED IN BEING PAID AS WILL GO INTO NEXT YEAR’S ACCOUNTS. Very hard to find suitable date for Oct meeting due to WI group meeting on first Monday, see below

 

Next meeting Thurs 7th October 8.00pm.  AT TOWNSEND HOUSE