Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 7th February 2011

 

Present               G Baker, V Barnes, S Cambourne, A Orpwood, S Vaughan, B Wigmore

 

Apologies/Absent       K Cockroft, R Orpwood, M Read,

 

Minutes of    previous meeting agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report  No report this month as KC unable to attend through illness. Several items given to SV such as 100 club subs, expense claims etc for her to pass on.

 

Booking Clerk’s Report List for Feb included private children’s party and AO arranged for SV to see them in and out as she would be away on that day. SV informed those committee members who did not already know that the over 50’s exercise class had folded due to lack of interest.

 

Correspondence SV had received 1) Take Art programme for local events up to April, available for anyone who may be interested to look at 2) Newsletter from Community Council which included info that in future it would be sent by e mail, SV had been asked for a second e mail address for this and had given KC’s. 3) Also from CC notice of meeting about a funding source, not currently applicable to us. 4) Reminder from Charity Commission to complete our Return online.

 

Maintenance 1) Water heater. SV had asked Mike, electrician who put new kitchen loop in, to check if was powerful enough to run an instant type water heater but he did not want to make a special trip for this and hoped to fit it in with other local jobs. However this was some weeks ago and no further contact from him. She had also spoken to Paul B but he is not now working as an electrician and does not feel he can get involved. SV suggested asking builder Nick House, who lives in the village if he has a local electrician he could recommend and VB also has a contact she can pass on to SV. Any input re advantages of both types would also be useful. Also if current circuit insufficient power, is another feasible and how much would it cost. If a storage type chosen (more expensive to buy but no fitting charge as Daggs able to do) we would get one with a larger tank than at present as supply sometimes insufficient. 2) Child proof lock on drawer with knives has been mended, many thanks to RO. 3) SV suggested looking at lining stained cupboard bases in Easter holidays. 4) VB told us about a mouse infestation in the Toddler’s shed but this had been dealt with and had not spread to the Hall.

 

Fund raising 1) Annual quiz had been arranged with the Worleys for Sat March 26th.  SV to send letters to groups and asked AO to get RO to update poster which she will print off and put copies up nearer the time. Other arrangements, drinks, staffing etc can be left until next meeting.  2) Fete, there was a general discussion about this year’s fete with committee confirming they were happy to continue to run the refreshment marquee with the WI. VB had joined the fete committee and told us about a planned ball in the marquee on the night of the fete with funds raised all going into the shared pot.

AOB  1) BW as Parish Council rep, let us know about forthcoming meetings about the proposed closure of Coleford tip and asked if anyone could go to next one as she was unavailable. 2) GB said she and Clive were going to prune back the hedge bordering Bellfield Road.

 

Next meeting Monday March  7th at 8pm. PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE A PARISH COUNCIL AREA MEETING IN MAIN HALL BUT CHRIS CUDMORE IS HAPPY FOR US TO HAVE OURS AT SAME TIME AND SAYS OK TO WALK THROUGH HALL TO GET TO ROOM. SHOULD THIS CHANGE I WILL LET PEOPLE KNOW (WE COULD JUST USE SIDE DOOR IF LEFT SLIGHTLY OPEN BY THEM)