Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 3rd Jan 2012

 

Present               E Brooks, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, D Pattison, S Vaughan,

 

Apologies/Absent       G Baker, B Wigmore

 

Minutes of    previous meeting were agreed and signed after noting receipt of the yoga payment.

 

Treasurer’s Report  DP had prepared a report but asked the committee if could omit the year by year comparisons except for annual report. This was agreed. He asked for clarification on meaning of restricted and unrestricted funds. SV and RO explained the former was when money had been raised or donated for a specific project such as the extension and could therefore only be used for that purpose. Unrestricted self explanatory. SV gave DP expenses claim for coloured light bulbs and for Xmas chocolates for Mrs Rabbitts. Keith had bought whisky for Graham King as usual thank you. In the annual accounts there had been some confusion over the 2 cheques received from the bowls group. DP had made an amendment to show the amount we are holding for bowls group (approx £430) and the £200 donation, which is to be used as we wish. DP brought a HSBC mandate form to meeting to obtain current details of existing account signatories prior to being added to these himself. At the meeting Sue Vaughan and Roger Orpwood completed their sections and Denis Pattison would arrange for Brenda Wigmore and Keith Cockroft to do theirs before he returned mandate to HSBC. This would make 5 signatories in total with any 2 required to sign cheques as now.

 

Booking Clerk’s Report  AO gave members a list of January bookings, mostly regular ones but one party booked towards end of month. SV had enquiry from Jan Robson re stage blocks - to check none available after meeting. Note leaf clearing in December proved unnecessary as had all blown away!

 

Correspondence   None received.

 

Maintenance 1) SV noted more light bulbs needed replacing, to do after meeting. 2) More gravel had been put in hole in car park but not much available and had made little difference. SV had spoken to Brian at the Bell but he thought all non tarmaced area of car park owned by Hall and did not seem confident brewery would act even if we were able to confirm they owned area in question. However SV will look in archives for ownership in view of possible future issues. Situation understood by current and previous management committees was that we owned area to rear of Hall but had access rights (approx one car width) at front, the rest being owned by the Bell. 3) SV had already sent committee info on cost of materials for floor treatment, to review situation in June as previously agreed. 4) AO reported she had stopped squeak on chair trolley with WD 40 and also that an area over the entrance foyer looked damaged, SV to investigate latter. 5) Take down Xmas decs after meeting.

 

Fund raising 1) Annual quiz. Kathy Simpson had suggested a friend to run this but she wanted a charity donation, which would not make it viable. Worleys have agreed to do on 24th March, will make arrangements for bar, posters etc, nearer time 2) RO agreed to be new fete rep and will point out at first meeting how many of Hall committee also WI members so limited availability which will affect our choice of stall. DP fete treasurer so not available at all.

AOB  1) SV had informed David Chandler, via BW, of our agreement to pay for one picture frame but had not had any response. 2) Spectacles left in Hall had been claimed. Jumper unclaimed and SV now given to charity.3) AO reminded us we were going to get a card to sign for Keith. SV to buy.

 

Next Hall meeting Monday 6th Feb 8pm