Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT  Minutes of Meeting Held on 5th Nov 2012

 

Present               G Baker, E Brooks, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, D Pattison, S Vaughan, B Wigmore

 

Apologies/Absent      

 

Minutes of    previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report  DP had brought his completed annual accounts, which had been signed off by accountant Graham King. No report for October but he reported applying for the rates concession and paying both the window cleaner and Mrs Rabbitts. A reply had been received from NS&I showing a very low rate of interest being paid to our investment account. DP to investigate alternatives.100 club draw results were as follows. 1st) Caroline Harris, 2nd) Yvonne Hughes, 3rd) Peter Bates.

 

Booking Clerk’s Report  AO and RO had prepared the monthly report, the main extra item being the Police Commissioner election on Thurs 15th. AO and SV had tidied the small storeroom, which was now much cleaner and spacious as a result. Light bulb in foyer very dim, SV to investigate and probably replace with a brighter one. SV commented on lack of news re Mendip DC database set up last year by Jill Temple to increase village hall bookings, will check if it exists and if we are on it.

 

Correspondence SV had received 1) e mail from Community Council re firm who can get cheaper electricity rates for village halls. DP had completed application form for this and sent it off with required signed letter from SV, 2) Request from Mandy Garcia-Perez to have one of the large tubs we have been considering changing for something a little smaller and more modern, they had evidently been made by her father Gary Clark. Committee felt sorting tubs best left until spring but happy to let her have one once its empty. SV will advise her of time scale for this. May keep the one at the side which serves on occasion both to keep double doors open and prevent people parking in front of them.

 

Maintenance 1) Car park wall almost finished and looking good 2) Although fence round children’s play area legally OK, AO suggested we plan to replace it with superior version and committee agreed; topic we need to return to, again probably in the spring. 3) RO had found the wet patch on the Hall ceiling was caused by a leak in the roof where it had been cut and badly fitted when the extension was built resulting in a gap which had been filled with mastic which had now come out. RO had replaced this but committee will need to re-paint the ceiling once we are certain the leak problem has been solved. 4) SV and Daggs had put new paper towel holder in disabled loo and mended loo roll holder. 5) GB concerned about condition of Rowan trees adjoining car park, committee will inspect in spring.

 

Fund raising   No current plans.

 

AOB   1) The main extra business was to present the annual report and accounts to the committee for them to accept and sign off. This was duly done with DP noting the increase in income from hire charges compared to last year but at the moment had no information as to why this was so, something he will investigate at a future date. SV reminded the committee that the format of her report, including some of the content remained the same each year, the main changes being her review of the year section and any necessary update on personnel on the committee. 2) SV reminded BW about erecting the frames for Art Group. She will contact SV when the 2 she has are ready to put up and SV and BW will arrange to put all 3 up. 

 

Next meeting provisionally arranged for Wed 5th Dec at 8pm, booking clerks to confirm available. (Monday 3rd not suitable due to WI Christmas meal outing).