Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 5th Dec 2012

 

Present               G Baker, E Brooks, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, D Pattison, S Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent       B Wigmore

 

Minutes of    previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report  DP had brought his analysis of income and expenditure which he explained to the committee and which showed that bookings had done well in the last year compared to the previous one. The brokers recommended by the Community Council had found that the best current company for our electricity supply was Southern Electric and would, in due course, negotiate on behalf of a group of village halls, including us, to try and get an even better rate. The wall repair had now been paid for and it was hoped that a grant application to the Parish Council for £350 towards this would be successful at their Dec meeting. 100 club draw results as follows. 1st) Caroline Harris, 2nd) Paul Knowles, 3rd) Roger Orpwood and the Christmas draw prize of £65 went to David and Joan Pattison.

 

Booking Clerk’s Report  This showed a good amount of seasonal bookings although this was naturally followed by a quiet end to the month.

 

Correspondence Little received. AO had a letter from Mendip re food hygiene checks and had answered several questions from them over the phone. No physical check needed now but inspection visit likely every 3 years.

 

Maintenance 1) Car park wall finished and paid for see treasurer’s report 2) RO to paint water stained area of hall ceiling both to improve appearance and to test if roof now watertight. 3) AO and RO suggested clearing some of the leaves around the Hall, SV to help them - meeting at 12 on Thurs 6th. 4) RO also reported damage to the edge of the Hall wall at the front on the car park side, SV to inspect and arrange repair. 5) GB wished it to be noted how useful she found the recently created gap in the rear wire fence at the back of the car park leading into Bellfield Road

 

Fund raising   No current plans, must discuss quiz in Jan/Feb.

 

AOB   1) DP had laminated the current insurance certificate and will bring to Hall to put on notice board. 2) SV explained she would be away for all suitable meeting dates in January but the committee decided to meet as usual on the first Monday (7th) to take the decorations down. It was not decided if there would also be any business matters covered but SV felt likely to be a quiet period so this not essential. 3) SV still to liase with BW over erecting art group picture frames but will do so.

 

The meeting having finished we then went into the main hall to put up the Christmas decorations

 

Next meeting Mon 7th Jan 8pm, see AOB above.  Provisional date for Feb meeting – usual first Monday (4th) but if anyone can’t make that do let SV know and if inconvenient for many we can re-arrange.