Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

                       DRAFT  Minutes of a meeting held on 7th January 2013

 

Present      G Baker, E Brooks, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, D Pattison

 

Absent       B Wigmore, S Vaughan

 

Minutes     agreed – to be signed next meeting

 

Treasurer’s Report

DP told us that the electricity supply was now with Southern Electric, and that he had taken meter readings on 1/1/13

There is no 100 club draw in January. DP to post notes to current members and put a reminder in the village magazine to hopefully attract new ones.

 

Booking Clerks’ Report

Usual activities beginning a new term and 2 party bookings in February.

 

Correspondence  none

 

Maintenance

Leaves cleared up and bagged from around the hall on 6/12, and taken by Dave Jarvis on 7/12. He usually clears them as part of his gardening jobs

 

Fund Raising

The date of 23/3/13 was suggested and pencilled in the diary

RO to ask The Worleys to set the quiz

Also to advertise in the parish mags. for both Feb. and March

 

AOB

We looked at the 2 picture frames that were in the back cleaning room.

It was suggested that the two table tennis tables could be advertised for hire – and perhaps buy some bats and balls?

GB had been looking at ideas for new planters. She thought about 2 feet square, perhaps painted black, with one tree in each….

All to look around and bring ideas/pictures to the next meeting

 

Next meeting on Wednesday 6th Feb at 8,00p.m.