Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Draft Minutes of Meeting Held on 4th Apr 2013

 

Present               G Baker, E Brooks, D Mattick, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, D Pattison, S Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent       B Wigmore

 

Minutes of    meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report  DP had e mailed his latest accounts to the committee. He had paid both the rates and Dave Jarvis and asked if committee were happy with charge of £242 made for year’s grass cutting, strimming and hedge cutting. Committee felt this reasonable charge and wished to continue the contract.  The quiz had made a profit of £174 although there was still a charge for the engraving of the shield to be deducted, however a good return considering numbers fairly low.  The 100 club results as follows: 1) Jane Weston, 2) Carol Haskins and 3) Derek Robinson. DP had also measured fridge offered to Hall by Sue Rodford but found it too large to fit existing space.  Present fridge starting to rust at bottom, SV to ask ALC if this an issue and if not leave replacing until felt more urgent. 

 

Booking Clerk’s Report  A lull for Easter and then a couple of extra bookings on top of the regular ones.  The Rec Field are holding a race night on the 20th, there was a private session of bowls booked for the 26th and a possible science workshop on the afternoon of the 27th. AO and RO going away so SV to take diary and check if the workshop is to be confirmed.  Mystery of key for drivers group solved, Clive Baker had been over and locked up for them.  Concert originally booked for 5th April now re-arranged for 17th May.  AO had asked if ok to do raffle as well as bar but no reply yet. 

 

Correspondence SV had received an e mail from Take Art re their Spring Forward dance programme for young people and written quote from Terry Hamblin for replacement of wire fencing to rear of children’s play area.

 

Maintenance  1) Wire fence – Terry had carried out repair on day of meeting. He had advised SV that was using heavier duty wire than originally intended and cost would be £40 more, giving total bill of £298.  2) SV felt fire notice in exterior board still reasonable condition but asked GB if she could arrange for the Active Living Centre one to be replaced.  3) Removal of lower tree branches in car park still o/s due to bad weather, SV to arrange.  4) Smoke alarm checked.  5) SV to buy any paint needed for maintenance.  Clive Baker had sent a list of items possibly needing attention but only time for a few of these on our maintenance morning from 10am on Sat 27th April. 6) Cigarette bin not closing, SV to view.  7) Handle in disabled loo reported needing attention 8) Fridge see Treasurer’s Report.

 

8) There then followed another long discussion about the replacement of the tubs outside the Hall. It was agreed we would ask the two garden landscaping companies in the village if they would consider building a stone one each, charge or otherwise to be negotiated.  SV and EB to contact and report back to committee.  

 

Fund raising   Apart from possible running of bar and raffle at concert in May, only ongoing fund raising is 100 club and fete.  RO reported no further info on latter. 

 

AOB   None.

 

Date of next meeting  Tues 7th May 8pm (due to BH Mon)