Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 3rd July 2013

 

Present                 G Baker, D Pattison, S Vaughan, D Mattick, A Orpwood, R Orpwood

 

Apologies/Absent           E Brooks, B Wigmore

 

Minutes of    meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report  DP had e mailed report. Various bills paid include window cleaning, PAT testing, electricity and insurance. DP explained had investigated various companies for latter and switched to a cheaper deal.  SV gave him request from Community Council for membership renewal.  The 100 club results as follows: 1) Sue Vaughan, 2) Sandra O’Sullivan and 3) Tom Rodford. 

 

Booking Clerk’s Report  Graham Harris had sent in a list of bookings in the Hall for July and RO and AO had brought a similar one.  Graham had also sent some observations made when he was standing in for the booking clerks. The committee discussed these plus issues which led on from them. SV and AO/RO agreed to meet on Monday 15th July at 2.30 to review booking forms and prices. SV will also check hire rates of premises and equipment made by other halls.  Finally SV expressed concern about current arrangement for key for yoga and it was agreed to review this in September. It was noted that the yoga invoices would from September be paid by Jan, the instructor, not Frome adult education

 

Correspondence SV had an e mail from Martin Miller explaining failure of microwave in PAT test.

 

Maintenance  1) SV still to paint windowsills in ladies’ toilet 2) DM offered a microwave available in September to replace current failed one.  3) Painting on Monday 29th from 9.30am still to go ahead. Those coming to bring rollers, brushes, dust sheets, RO also to bring steps. SV to buy paint. 

 

Fund raising   Fete had not done so well as last year although we do not have final profit figures yet.  DP explained this was partly due to lack of manpower to run enough attractions as well as poor weather and general drop in enthusiasm for this sort of event.

 

AOB   GB suggested replacing carpet in foyer.  SV agreed it was in a poor state although not worn out and would look at this again once decorating finished.

 

Date of next meeting  None in August so next one Monday 2nd September at 8pm