Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 7th Oct 2013

 

Present               G Baker, D Pattison, S Vaughan, D Mattick, A Orpwood, R Orpwood

 

Apologies/Absent       E Brooks, B Wigmore 

 

Minutes of    meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report  DP had e mailed monthly report but also brought along copy of annual accounts already submitted to accountant.  These did show a fall in overall income for the year, partly due to a late payment from the yoga classes and the outlay for the repair of the car park wall, the latter partially offset by the Parish Council grant. A closing bill had finally been received from EDF, the Virgin savings passbook had been updated and the rates relief had been applied for as usual.  DP gave SV a copy of the information on the Hall held by Mendip DC to update for them as necessary.  The 100 club results as follows: 1) Trevor and Anne Wells, 2) Sue Rodford and 3) Jane Weston. 

 

Booking Clerk’s Report  The Art class was due to re-start on the 17th. Occasional bookings included a christening, a harvest festival supper and auction, an end of term school party and a public meeting about the proposed wind turbine.  In addition to hire charge increases due in Jan, AO and RO suggested making the rate the same over the whole of the weekend to include Sundays, committee agreed.  SV also clarified that all bookings due to run from 1st Jan 2014 should be charged at the new rate even if actually reserved and paid for before that date. Wedding party now to be in January.

 

Correspondence SV had received October Community Council Newsletter which included invitation to submit nominations for Trustee of the Year award. If any committee member wishes to make a nomination the details should be sent direct to communitybuildings@somersetrcc.org.uk. There was also a reminder about protecting any personal data held on individuals.

 

Maintenance  1) SV had weed killed car park. 2) Daggs had put display boards away in the loft over the stage.  3) SV had arranged for a carpet company to come on Wed 9th re replacing carpet in foyer.

 

Fund raising   The first Fete meeting due on 15th to be held in the Knatchbull, RO confirmed willing to attend as our rep again this year. SV reminded committee we had agreed not to do any fundraising except for the annual quiz and taking part in the fete.  However should anything crop up someone thinks too good to pass on then we could always re-consider.

 

AOB   1) RO still to do the Fire Risk Assessment when time. 2) SV had received request for help from Sue Moore via BW re trees interfering with her Sky TV reception. SV had passed on contact info for Somerset CC if tree in question in Bellfield Road and had asked BW to get clarification from Sue on this. DM to investigate for us. 3) Complaint received from LOMCA re car park already being full before their meeting. SV had put requests not to park unless using Hall in 2 issues of Parish Mag and a letter on a car which had been parked long term but had received no response to this. She had also spoken to owner of boat parked there during LOMCA meeting and asked him to park elsewhere in future. However another of his vehicles is now at the Hall, although partially in what is regarded as the pub’s section of the car park. DM queried this current understanding of the ownership of the car park and SV will check archived correspondence which covered the subject and report back in December.

 

Date of next meeting  Mon 4th November at 7.30pm followed by AGM at 8pm