Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 3rd Feb 2014

 

Present               E Brooks, D Mattick, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, S Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent       G Baker, D Pattison, B Wigmore 

 

Minutes of    previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report  DP had sent both the monthly accounts and a list of several points of information by e mail – comments arising from these - 1) We thanked him in his absence for mending the drop leaf in the bar. 2) Electricity rate charged of 13.5 seemed ok although SV thought the 12p we pay surprisingly low. 3) SV had noted Charity Commission  return had been sent in without DM’s details and had already e mailed DP about this. 4) Did not discuss Dave Jarvis’ payment 5) Agreed to double minimum charge for equipment hire to £10, for business users only, with immediate effect. 6) Slabs outside Hall, agreed uneven and will look at when weather better although DM and others pointed out tree roots the problem and may be tricky to sort. 7) Screen/projector. Committee strongly feel these should be fitted behind panel if at all possible so out of view when not in use.

 

Booking Clerk’s Report  Diary dates included several sessions by Becky Young who is trying to set up a new exercise class. Looking ahead AO, RO and SV all away same time in March so will need to ask DP if able to take diary for that period. SV reported Brian in pub concerned about handing out key and would like list of bookings, SV to give him current one and in future AO to send by e mail. This only partly addresses key situation and SV to see Brian to discuss this and possibility of reverting to diary for signing key in and out. SV gave AO Mendip election form to add invoice and mail.

 

Correspondence SV had received request from Mendip for European election booking and had completed form to send back.

 

Maintenance  1) Noticeboard almost ready to put back up. 2) Bar top mended, see Treasurer 3) Daggs had cleared blocked gutters and partially the downpipe, he will look at the latter again in summer. 4) SV noted dip in car park and associated tree lopping to be considered in better weather.

 

 Fund raising   1) Quiz planned for 5th April. No arrangements made yet but SV will start contacting various groups. 2) BW not at meeting so no update on possibility of having second yearly quiz. 3) Fete committee has booked the ukulele band who played at recent WI party. 4)100 club - SV to ask Ty and possibly Alan and Margaret next door to him. Will send list of existing members to rest of committee to avoid duplication. DM already given out some forms to possible new members.

 

AOB   1) Car park see maintenance. Will also look at wooden strip in foyer when dryer. 2) SV had tidied cutlery boxes and replaced missing items. Had looked at wine glasses - 2 full boxes and 1 with gaps. Had looked for replacements but couldn’t find any small enough to fit with existing glasses or box. DM will investigate.

 

Date of next meeting  Mon 3rd March 8pm.