Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 7th July 2014

 

Present               G Baker, E. Brooks, A Orpwood, D Pattison, S Vaughan,

 

Apologies/Absent       D Mattick, R Orpwood, B Wigmore  

 

Minutes of    previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report  DP had queried VAT levels on electricity which varied according to consumption unless able to claim high portion non business use which we cannot. Small increase in insurance cost due to belated recognition by insurers of bigger flat roof. Still not done study re possible VAT registration. DP noted no invoices yet for Portable Appliance Testing or system check. SV to arrange former which is done yearly and check latter not due (3 yearly?). £400 received from fete, some extra due if Tarmac make their cash donation but this not definite.  SV gave in expense claim for new broom. The 100 club results were 1st Roy Haywood, 2nd WI and 3rd Shelagh Haywood.

 

Booking Clerk’s Report  Another full diary with a couple of school bookings and a drumming class in addition to usual hirers, tailing off at end of month due to summer holidays.

 

Correspondence SV had June CCS Community Buildings Newsletter with info on training events in September all covering 3 topics, annual returns, how to run an AGM and how to create social media accounts, our nearest venue being Batcombe. She can pass the registration info to anyone interested. The newsletter also informed us the National Minimum Wage will rise in October to £6.50p/hr from £6.31 and the committee agreed to a small increase in Mrs Rabbitts’ wages in line with this.

 

Maintenance  1) Tom Kemp happy to await our decision on who repairs paving by sheds. DP agreed to come with RO on 13th Aug to look at it. 2) Wooden strips under front door, no action yet. 3)  Committee to continue to monitor if water draining away from corner downpipe by sheds 4) SV still to arrange any necessary lopping of trees in car park. 5) DM investigating new lights on exterior front corners of Hall. 6) Screws on some chairs done, battery may be needed for fire alarm, DP to action. 7) Ceiling of outside porch done many thanks to Clive. 8) AO raised issue of flooring under cooker. SV to get some idea of cost of ceramic tiles, DP to investigate offcuts of heavy duty vinyl. 9) EB said has been issue with dog mess in children’s play area. Notice already up banning dogs, SV to check with Dave Jarvis that it’s closed after grass cutting. 10) SV and AO to do inventory on 13th Aug from 10am.

 

 Fund raising   1) SV needed to submit Take Art form by 18th July, will email DP for info required on insurers. Committee agreed would run bar and raffle at the show, “Wrong­ ‘Un” on 17th Sept but not do any food, just crisps and nuts. Daggs to assist if short staffed, EB also offered to help. Take Art providing posters, flyers and tickets. 2) Quiz Oct 25th no further info, main promotion to be in October to avoid confusion with Take Art event. 3) Fete see Treasurer’s report in RO’s absence. 

 

AOB   SV reminded committee still need to consider re-surfacing of main floor but this could wait until decision made on paving. PC willing to give grant (£200?) towards a project on receipt of invoice.

 

Date of next meeting  Monday 1st September 8pm, note no meeting in August