Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 3rd November 2014

 

Present               G Baker, E Brooks, D Mattick, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, D Pattison, S Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent       B Wigmore  

 

Minutes of    previous meeting were agreed and signed after minor typo correction.

 

SV presented her annual report to the committee which was formally accepted.

 

Treasurer’s Report  DP presented the yearly accounts for us to sign off, it was pleasing to see we had improved our financial position from the previous year. He had paid the latest cleaning bill and reminded us that we had agreed an increase of £5 a quarter for this. He had received a thank you card from Vickie Taylor, for our help with hire charges for the art show, which included a £15 donation. SV gave in an expenses claim for drinks at the recent quiz and was paid straightaway as was DM for his expenses for the same event. The 100 club results were 1st Drew Houston, 2nd David Sparks and 3rd Emma Brooks.

 

Booking Clerk’s Report AO had managed to contact Becky Young whose classes had been suspended over the summer but now re-started. No major extra bookings at the moment for November.

 

Correspondence See Treasurer, no other reported.

 

Maintenance  1) SV had put warning notice up re slope into bar area to and from main Hall 2) DM had information on possible new corner lights, committee decided not to replace existing ones while still working ok although may reconsider in spring, SV to keep info on file. 3) No further reports of problems with front door lock. 4) GB had made a start cutting back the buddleia at the end of the car park and would continue this with Clive’s assistance. 5) SV still to apply anti-mould spray to wall of the bottom cupboard to right of sink at rear of kitchen. 6) Floor had been re-varnished, SV to ask Mrs Rabbitts to use the specialist cleaner left by the contractors. 7) DP had replaced the radiator covers and the defunct coloured light bulbs.

 

 Fund raising   1) Quiz had made a satisfactory profit and been a successful evening. Did not cover any other fund raising issues. 2) SV to e mail DM with request for PC grant towards floor bill.

 

AOB   1) DP commented that the children’s play area was very dark due to overhanging trees. Decided to look at this in the daylight with a view of doing the work ourselves if possible. 2) BW not present so storage of art exhibition display boards and smaller items, (which could go in loft over foyer) was not discussed.  3) Committee concerned that the projector and screen currently not likely to be insured. SV to contact Graham Harris to offer to add to Hall insurance if ownership passed to us. 4) GB and AO asked us to consider installing a dishwasher as this would be used regularly by LOMCA. Would have to decide which cupboard to remove to fit one in and decide if Hall, LOMCA or both paid. SV to contact Caroline Harris.

 

Date of next meeting  Wednesday 3rd December at 8.00pm followed by putting up the Christmas decorations. Note the change of usual day due to clash with WI Christmas meal.