Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 2nd February 2015

 

Present               E Brooks, D Mattick, A Orpwood, R.Orpwood, S Vaughan, B Wigmore  

 

Apologies/Absent       G Baker, D Pattison

 

Minutes of    previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report DP had e mailed report and accompanying comments as unable to attend meeting. 2 items arose from this. Committee could not remember discussion on raising cleaning rate so SV to check earlier minutes. It was felt the remote controls mentioned could be kept with the leads in an existing cupboard with a padlock, SV to check if there is room. SV had expense claim for paper towels and bin bags, will give to DP.

 

Booking Clerk’s Report Becky Young appears to be running classes again, AO to give her an invoice.

 

Correspondence 1) Thatch, from CCS, included article on defibrillators and possibility of funding for them from the South West Ambulance Trust. However when SV had contacted the latter they were not aware of the scheme, they are to investigate and get back to her. SV asked DM to let Parish Council know Hall committee happy to have one on exterior wall. PC would have to put more than a year’s funding to this if paying but the SW Ambulance Trust still a possibility.2) Early  notice from CCS re membership due in April, SV felt valuable source of info and advised continuing to be members.3) Information, again from CCS, on Hallmark awards, Committee agreed not to apply.

 

Maintenance  1) Anti-mould spray for wall of the bottom cupboard to right of sink at rear of kitchen still o/s. 2) Discussion on dishwashers: Committee still undecided on whether to go ahead with buying one. SV to contact Caroline to explain concerns re drying space and to try and see Mark at Bell for some feedback on how the industrial ones work. 3) Concrete stump near stone bench still needs removing. 4) Tree overhanging play area to view in light. 5) Fridge –SV had put appeal in current Parish Mag. DP had bought vent grille to fit in work surface over it.

 

Fund raising   SV had contacted Des and Wendy Worley re running spring quiz, committee decided on 25th April, SV to let them know.

 

AOB   1) BW to get more information about any items art exhibition group would like to store in Hall. 2) Request from Kathy Simpson to borrow tablecloths on 22nd Aug, AO has put in diary. 3) Request from LOMCA members to put some coat hooks up at rear of Hall. Committee agreed and RO will buy and erect. RO also mentioned still planning to mend controls of small urn. 4) EB passed on request for more wine glasses of the same size. Committee agreed best to dispose (charity shop?) of those of odd sizes and buy enough for 2 boxes of same size. SV and BW to check these at 10am Mon 9th Feb.

5) Issue of padlocks raised. These can re-programme themselves by mistake for example if dropped and then be impossible to open. DM suggested should close them and scramble numbers immediately after removing to avoid this problem.

 

 

Date of next meeting Monday 23rd March at 8.00pm. Please note unusual date due to Bank Holidays and committee member absences. This will serve as both the March and April meetings.