Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 23rd March 2015

 

Present               G Baker, E Brooks, D Mattick, A Orpwood, R.Orpwood, D Pattison S Vaughan,

B Wigmore  

Apologies/Absent

 

Minutes of    previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report DP had received notice of our 95% rate relief, paid gardener Dave Jarvis and renewed our membership for the Community Council for Somerset. The 100 club had re-started and we made 2 draws as no meeting in April. March draw, 1st Paul Moore, 2nd Paul Knowles, 3rd Maurice White. April draw, 1st Daniel and Collette Mears, 2nd Liz Robinson and 3rd Alastair Weston.

 

Booking Clerk’s Report AO gave the March diary print out to the committee and pointed out the new Pilates class on Thursdays. She also confirmed she was getting in touch with Caroline at Peppers as requested re hiring the urn on two forthcoming occasions. BW asked that the dates for the next art exhibition be put in the diary, these being 26th and 27th Sept with set up on the 25th. There had been an incident of sickness at the ALC meeting and AO passed on an e mail to SV from Margaret Loten with suggestions for materials and equipment to put in place to cope with this, SV to action.

 

Correspondence 1) SV had received thanks from the Charity Commission for her feedback on the re-vamp of the Essential Trustee document. 2) She also had details from BW of the items the art group would like to store in the hall and 3) A draft risk assessment on the Hall from DM on behalf of the Parish Council. This to be forwarded to all committee members with a request to provide feedback.

 

Maintenance  1) SV had tried to treat the mould in open bottom corner cupboard in kitchen but found it too inaccessible to do a good job.2) Dishwashers. SV to contact Caroline again as a representative of the ALC with update and queries. BW suggested looking at Which site for advice on best commercial model in addition to research already done by SV. SV also to see Mark in pub for tips on use or choice. Once have more info need to decide whether to buy or not, position and space available an issue 3) Tree overhanging play area to view in light. 4) Light on front right corner of building damaged DM to replace both with new 5) Leak under hand washing sink DM to sort. 6) Maintenance Day arranged for Mon 1st June from 10am, need to rake gravel into gaps if not done.

 

Fund raising   SV to check if Worleys want to use projector for quiz and contact Graham Harris if so. SV to buy drinks and staff door with BW. Daggs to man bar with assistance from RO. GB to get crisps and nuts, SV will advise numbers nearer the time. SV had printed off flyers designed by RO and delivered them for inclusion in parish mag. Will print, laminate and put up posters nearer the 25th April. Appeal for raffle prizes from committee (and anyone reading this!) DP to provide 2 floats.

 

AOB   1) GB concerned about rubbish on ground adjacent to Hall car park which is owned by Mr Brooks. SV offered to write to him requesting it be tidied up. 2) SV to ask Graham Harris if instruction booklet prepared by DM now OK to use and inform him of plan to store remote and leads. 3) Long discussion on possible location of Art Exhibition boards. To sort out small store at or before maintenance day and consider options re Art board storage again before September.

 

Date of next meeting Monday 4th May 8.00pm. Note this is a Bank Holiday.