Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 29th Feb 2016

 

PresentG Baker, E Brooks, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, D Pattison, S Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent †D Mattick, B Wigmore

 

Minutes of previous meeting were agreed and signed.

Treasurerís Report DP had paid the water rates and window cleaner, no Feb accounts done at time of meeting. SV and GB both thought they had expense o/s, DP to check. 100 club low on numbers, SV advised Short Mat Bowls group to have a share.

 

Booking Clerkís Report A busy month of bookings ahead including table tennis twice a month and some extra LOMCA sessions. SV reported concern from the Pilates group over hire charge being raised to business rate of £10 an hour as organiser unsure if can continue to run sessions with this increase. Committee felt she had had a whole year at the low rate to build up the group and should be paying full rate in fairness to other business hirers. SV agreed to contact her to make suggestion of raising her fees and taking payment in advance to help her keep the group going. RO was completing fire checks on weekly basis.

 

Correspondence† None received.

 

Maintenance 1) No action on dishwasher. 2) No action on wall or floor in gentís toilet. 3) Smoke alarm tested ok at meeting. 4) DPís work on gate to childrenís play area and 5) Shed preservative treatment, both to look at in the spring. 6) GB had started cutting back buddleia etc. on edge of car park. 7) Date set for annual tidy up day of Sat 7th May

 

Fund raising Quiz: SV to buy drinks for bar plus prizes and also booby prizes. EB gave in a prize and RO said still some donated bottles to use. GB to get peanuts, DP not able to attend but would supply SV with floats. RO and EB to run bar, SV to take entry money and arrange second person to help with raffle.

AOB 1) DP still to buy new ladder. 2) SV had LED bulb in reserve for when current one over door on car park side of Hall expires. 3) Complaints received about light in porch not coming on. SV and Daggs had investigated and found turned off at switch inside Hall foyer. Bulb ok although now replaced with LED one and sensor now appears to be working ok. Note SV has a new sensor in reserve in event of current one failing. 4) SV had passed oldest archive file to Graham Harris to assist with his exhibition about village buildings.

 

Date of next meeting †Monday 7th April at 8.00pm.