Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 4th April 2016

 

PresentG Baker, E Brooks, D Mattick, A Orpwood, D Pattison, S Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent †R Orpwood, B Wigmore

 

Minutes of previous meeting were agreed and signed after correction of date of meeting to 4th April.

Treasurerís Report DP sent his report prior to the meeting. It included a profit of £157 from the recent quiz. He had paid outstanding expenses to SV and GB and bills for electricity, rates and community buildings membership. The 100 club results were 1st Peter Bates 2nd Shelagh Haywood and 3rd Shelagh Haywood

 

Booking Clerkís Report †Once again the Hall was well booked for the month ahead with some dates for LOMCA and the FOLC group in addition to the regular hirers. 1) SV reported she had contacted the Pilates group to explain our position on charging business rates and that the organiser accepted this. SV also noted that there now appeared to be more people attending the sessions so they should be viable to continue. 2) SV had met with a representative from Somerset CC in connection with the Hall being registered as available in the event of an emergency, as part of their contingency plan. The representative assured her we would be reimbursed for any loss of income and that there was no question of the Hall being used for refugees etc. The more likely situation would be a loss of power in the village in which case they could bring in a generator to use in the Hall to provide warmth and hot drinks. We also have a veto on any request for the Hall to be used in this way.

 

Correspondence 1) Take Art programme for coming season, given to DP to read/circulate. 2) e mail from Graham Harris see AOB

 

Maintenance 1) DM to conclude dishwasher issue. 2) DP to action work on wall in gentís toilet when practical, SV to get quotes for replacing flooring. 3) Smoke alarm tested ok at meeting. 4) DPís work on gate to childrenís play area and 5) Shed preservative treatment, both to look at in the spring, SV suggested doing latter on maintenance day 7th May, to arrange details at May meeting. 6) DP and committee congratulated GB on making a good job of tidying buddleia etc. on edge of car park.

 

Fund raising The quiz had been quite successful with 11 teams and was a pleasant evening for those who attended, although profit had been modest. Not all the draught beer was sold and bottled beer and lager bought not used but had been charged for and would be held in reserve for what we hope will be another quiz in the autumn (DP to arrange). EB suggested buying some canned cider to meet demand.

 

AOB 1) SV reminded DP to buy new ladder. 2) SV had received an e mail from Graham Harris requesting her, as chair of the Hall committee, to send a letter of support to the FOLC group to use in their grant applications. However the majority of the committee felt this was not appropriate. DM was strongly in favour of a letter being sent and thought the constitution document showed the Hall was obliged to take a stand but SV thought not. SV to check this and forward copy to DM and if she is correct will not write to FOLC on behalf of the committee.

3) The purchase of the 2 defibrillators is going ahead. SV to forward contact details of electrician Hall uses to DM to arrange installation of a fused spur at the Hall to enable one to be fitted.

aHall

 

Date of next meeting †Monday 2nd May (a Bank Holiday) at 8.00pm.