Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 6th March 2017  

 

Present  G Baker, E Brooks, D Mattick, Ann Orpwood, R Orpwood, D Pattison, S Vaughan,

B Wigmore

 

Apologies/Absent

 

Minutes of previous meeting were agreed and signed

 

Treasurer’s Report  The only bills paid recently was for one for the Water service and that for the tree pruning.  SV gave in another expenses claim. We had the first draw of the season of the 100 club, results as follows. 1st Jan Pattison, 2nd Paul Moore and 3rd Sarah Bates

 

Booking Clerk’s Report A few occasional bookings in addition to regular ones including a children’s party and the school play and the rehearsal for that. SV raised the issue of whether in future we should hire out all the tables at the same time leaving none in the Hall but the committee did not feel this was a problem and were happy to leave it to the judgement of the booking clerks.

 

Correspondence 1) SV had received the Charity Commission News which had nothing affecting us in it, 2) the Take Art information sheet about an event which had now taken place, 3) a print out of the assembly instructions from Gopak to give to the people taking the table trolley and 4) the latest copy of Thatch. In the latter there were a few points of interest. There was an update on the work of Village Agents, details of a scheme called IT Help at Home and also on the Volunteer Visiting Somerset organisation which helps blind people.

 

Maintenance

1) RO had work on sink in gent’s toilet on his agenda and had also started the adaptation of the securing system on the table tennis tables. 2) The low tree branches in car park had been lopped. 3) SV had arranged for another village hall to take the table trolley and agreed with DP to arrange for it to be picked up with RO and DP dismantling it the same day due to lack of storage if done earlier. There would be a donation of £50 for the trolley 4) The issue of condensation in the kitchen is still unresolved. AO and RO had spoken to a friend experienced in this area who thought a domestic standard cooker hood would not be sufficient for our needs and a commercial one very expensive. SV agreed to speak to those at the Bell re what they use and to contact Roundstone Catering Equipment, who supplied the dishwasher, to see if they have any advice. The alternative of a more powerful extractor fan appeared to be on hold. 5) In addition to the condensation problem the floor near the dishwasher getting very wet due to water dripping from crockery as it is taken out of the machine. SV to buy an extra mop to be used for this.6) A bin for road salt had been received from the Parish Council and it was put in the loft until it could be secured outside in time for next winter.

7) A maintenance morning already arranged starting at 10am on Saturday 6th May.

 

Fund raising Quiz Sat 11th March– RO and DP to run bar, SV to buy drinks and prizes, GB to get crisps. SV said no offers of raffle prizes but will put request on village Facebook page as suggested and some committee members also agreed to bring prizes.

 

AOB.No decision yet on where to display various info but was felt kitchen best place. SV confirmed to DP that it had been decided not to go ahead with the hot water upgrade once had bought dishwasher.

 

Date of next meeting 8.00pm Monday 3rd April.