Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Draft Minutes of Meeting Held on 6th November 2017  

 

Present  G Baker, E Brooks, A Orpwood, D Pattison, S Vaughan,

 

Apologies/Absent  D Mattick R Orpwood, B Wigmore

 

Minutes of previous meeting were agreed and signed

 

Approval of accounts

Prior to the general business of the meeting the annual accounts and annual report were presented to the committee for their approval for to the AGM to follow. The accounts had already been e mailed to the committee to read before the meeting.

 

Treasurer’s Report. Bills paid included the cleaning plus expense claims for AO and SV. The latter gave in a new claim for bin bags. The 100 club draw results were as follows: 1st Paul Knowles, 2nd Daniel and Collette Mears and 3rd Tony Gould.

 

Booking Clerk’s Report Bookings in addition to the regular ones included the Bell Ringers’ quiz night and the PCC safeguarding Training. The recent overnight booking from a group of bell ringers had worked well with no problems we were aware of.

 

Correspondence  None received

 

Maintenance

1) Already decided to review the exterior painting in the spring. 2)  DM had e mailed SV re deciding what if anything we would like to apply to the PC to for a grant. He had suggested more tree work but the committee felt this had already been partly addressed and that the dimmable LED strip lights would be a better idea if we could get the quote. SV to let DM know this. 3) AO said RO still had work to do on the table tennis tables. 4) Chairs and tables had been cleaned previous weekend but worn fabric on edges of some still to be actioned, EB to investigate solution. 5) DP suggested a makeover of the front of the Hall but no definite plans made.

 

Fund raising No report

 

AOB. 1) Smoke alarm had been tested as OK earlier that day. 2) Coin box for heater, DP reported manufacturers said just to push new coins in firmly, no further action needed. 3) EB had sourced replacement Christmas decorations online and would e mail pictures of these to committee to choose.

4) SV reminded committee we have the bin for road salt in our loft which needs to be put outside soon, also need to find out where the salt is.

 

Date of next meeting Monday 4th December at 8pm followed by putting up Xmas decorations.