Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 4th December 2017  

 

Present  G Baker, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, S Vaughan, B Wigmore

 

Apologies/Absent  E Brooks, D Mattick, D Pattison

 

Election of Officers. As per required practice, following the AGM in November AO, RO and SV plus DP in his absence agreed to continue in their officer roles.

 

Minutes of previous meeting were agreed and signed

 

Treasurer’s Report. DP had sent a financial statement plus a short report by e mail. This stated that the window cleaner had been paid and also bill for the work to clear the soakaway in the SE corner. SV made the 100 club draws, winners as follows: Special Christmas draw - Linda Burlison, December draw – 1st Brian Loten, 2nd John and Jackie Davis and 3rd Chris Cudmore.

 

Booking Clerk’s Report A few Christmas related bookings in the month such as the school play, FOLC Christmas fair and a family party on the day itself. In connection with the latter the hirers had asked from some guidance on the use of the cooker. BW offered to e mail Caroline Harris on this as she is a regular user for LOMCA.

 

Correspondence  SV had not received any but RO thought had been something through from Somerset County Council, SV will check.

 

Maintenance

1) Already decided to review the exterior painting in the spring, committee agreed to look further at DP’s makeover suggestion at the same time. 2)  SV had e mailed DM after the AGM saying committee preferred LED strip light project re PC grant application. However have still not received a quote for this work so currently unable to go ahead with it. SV said would update Chris Cudmore of position.  3) 1 table tennis table now fully functioning thanks to work done by RO. He plans to adapt the other one similarly when has time. 4) DP had mended the broken arms on the relevant upholstered chairs. Committee undecided about how to repair worn seat edges on chairs as wanted uniform look to all which would be an expensive task. However SV to check archives to see if can find out supplier details, could also ask Graham Harris where they got their red ones from. 5) Front door lock once again repaired, SV hoping no charge although on phone Permaframe said likely to be one.6) Road salt bin. Prior to meeting this had been put out near notice board with packs of salt in. SV to bring plastic container to act as scoop.

 

Fund raising No report

 

AOB. 1) There had been a query about Wi-Fi in the Hall and also phone connection in general. SV to e mail Graham Harris to clarify situation with the phone point they use and pay for in the Hall. Taking this further the committee to consider provision of Wi-Fi or at least accessible phone connection in case of emergencies etc.

 

We then spent some time putting up the Christmas decorations, thanks to Daggs for assisting.

 

Date of next meeting Wednesday 3rd January at 8pm, due to usual Monday being New Year’s Day.