Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 3rd Sept 2018

 

Present  G Baker, E Brooks, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, D Pattison, S Vaughan.

 

Apologies/Absent  D Mattick, B Wigmore

 

Minutes of previous meeting were agreed and signed

 

Treasurer’s Report. Various bills had been paid including for the water, window cleaning and alcohol license. LOMCA had promised to pay their share of the latter.

 

100 club results as follows:- 1st Monica Orledge, 2nd Graham Harris and 3rd Des & Wendy Worley.

SV mentioned that one last month’s winners, Maurice White, had sadly died very recently and asked the committee to handle the situation sensitively if anyone who had died since taking out a share should win a prize in the future.

 

Booking Clerks’ Report  The diary was fairly full again following the summer holidays. AO and SV had completed an inventory in August and DP asked for a copy to be sent to him, this would also be available to any committee member who wanted one. RO had received an e mail from an alarm company but the committee agreed with SV that this was not really appropriate for the Hall. AO confirmed to SV that as far as she knew the indoor bowls was re-starting the next day.

 

Correspondence  e mail to RO see above, no other received.

 

Maintenance

1) A visual check on the water damaged ceiling did not show any further deterioration. However RO and DP to check behind the boarding before committee goes ahead with any plastering. RO and AO have possible contact to do the latter, SV had also asked for help in the parish mag. 2) The one refurbished radiator guard was back in place and looked very good. However it was too time consuming to remove the plastic coating on the rest by hand and no decision made as to further action. To consider having guard in meeting room for first time if new ones ordered for main Hall. 3) The drain surround had been repaired, thanks to DP. 4) SV had been trying to get Martin Miller to agree a PAT date and would continue to do so. 5) EB reported a problem with one of the speakers for the projector. Committee felt this may have been a misunderstanding about the controls but RO will check. 6) Caroline Harris had tried to clean the two large teapots with no success. SV agreed to take them home to do. 7) SV said the painting in the main Hall was in poor condition and asked the committee to bear this in mind for a future job, maybe in the Easter holidays.

 

Fund raising  None discussed.

 

AOB. 1) EB no longer working with toddler group but happy to stay on committee and liaise if necessary with the new leader. She gave her noticeboard key to SV. 2) SV arranged date for the AGM on 5th November, (7.30 committee meeting, 8.00 AGM), in addition to the normal meeting in October.

 

Date of next meeting  Monday 1st October at 8pm.