Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting Held on 29th April 2019 (May meeting)

 

Present  E Brooks, D Mattick, D Pattison, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, S Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent  G Baker, B Wigmore

  

Minutes of previous meeting were agreed and signed

 

Treasurer’s Report. DP had paid bills for Chubb, electricity, rates, cleaning, the new coin meter, window cleaner and the initial work on the roof. Draw results for April were 1st Allan Nicklin, 2nd Jan Pattison, 3rd David and Joan Pattison. For May 1st Ann Orpwood, 2nd Shelagh Haywood, 3rd Sarah Bates. SV gave in expense claim for various items.

 

Booking Clerks’ Report  Bookings in May for 2 elections and another Murder Mystery event in addition to regular slots.

 

Correspondence  None received, although RO noted we are now to be charged for our advert in Village Connection magazine, probably an oversight this hasn’t happened to date.

 

Maintenance

Committee agreed to go ahead with roof work as per quote. It was felt there was enough in our accounts to cover this without extra fundraising, although DM to request a 2 year donation from the Parish Council which will help. DM to liaise with builder and booking clerks re dates for the work. Paint found in Hall loft which appears to be that used on main Hall walls. No decision on whether to put this on wall under ceiling repair or wait until roof/ceiling work finished, consider on maintenance morning. 2) Heater exchange from store to small meeting room DM to do later in year. 3) New electric meter in place. 4) Emergency Pack work in progress. 5) Risk Assessments now signed off and in wall container in kitchen/bar area.

 

Fund raising 1) Quiz had raised £214. SV had spoken to winners of last 3 years who have agreed to run it for us next year, mainly to give everyone else a chance to win. SV to contact them Dec/Jan to confirm arrangements. DM said his brother in law happy to run the quiz if this doesn’t work out. 2) Re the fete, DP said the committee would be manning the gate again this year and SV offered to help him all day, although some extra help to enable a break would be useful. There was a Barn Dance with food planned for the Friday before, tickets available soon as would be raffle tickets.

 

AOB. 1) SV was due to create an annual report for the Parish Meeting on 20th May but as this clashed with another of her engagements DP agreed to read it out. SV to e mail to him once done.2) SV had put paint from Hall kitchen, store room and notice board into small store for further use if required. 3) Quiz shield had been engraved with latest winners name, Keep it in the Family, and put in the Bell as usual. 4) Committee confirmed most ok for maintenance morning on 25th May from 10am. 5) Committee then enjoyed some cake, supplied by DP, to celebrate the birthday of RO!

 

Date of next meeting  Mon 3rd June at 8pm.