Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting held on 2nd Dec 2019

 

Present  G Baker, D Pattison, S Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent  E Brooks, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, V Taylor, B Wigmore

  

Minutes of previous meeting were agreed and signed following some small amendments, mainly correcting dates.

 

Treasurer’s Report. Nothing to comment on this time. Expenses paid to SV. The 100 club Christmas draw was won by Alan Dagger. Draw for December was: 1st Sue Mattick, 2nd Linda Burlison and 3rd Jan Schlechter.

 

Booking Clerks’ Report No report as neither were able to attend the meeting.

 

Correspondence 1) SV had received an e mail from Total Floor Care who had treated the main hall floor previously asking if we needed any more work done on it at the moment. Committee had not received any adverse comments about its condition and did not wish to have any more work done at this point.

 

Maintenance

1) SV had written to Russell re possible re-imbursement of the cost of the new notice board but had not received a reply. She will knock on his door and find out what he intends to do.

2) DP said no more work had been done yet on the roof. all

 

Fund raising SV to contact the Frome quiz team who have won several times and had agreed to run our next quiz rather than take part. Info needed first on any dates already booked in March/early April.  

 

AOB. 1) DP had amended the Emergency Services Data Sheet to include details of our location in various formats. Committee agreed this was a useful addition. SV to laminate and put up in Hall. No formal discussion about where but the interior noticeboard was the obvious place.

2) David Pattison had reminded us we agreed to make our fire extinguisher check a joint one with the Rec Committee. SV had been given a contact from Daggs of a local independent Fire Safety company who were willing to do the checks at a low price. We needed to check how much we had paid Chubb to do this and to find out exactly what the “gold” service we paid for, included. DP to follow this up.

3) DP to buy usual thankyou whisky for accountant. SV to check with Mr Rabbitts if would like chocolates as previously or beer/spirits instead.

4) We then put up the Christmas decorations with the assistance of Alan Dagger

 

Date of next meeting  Monday 6th January at 8pm followed by taking down the Christmas decorations!