Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting held on 5th Jan 2020

 

Present  E Brooks, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, V Taylor, D Pattison, S Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent  G Baker, B Wigmore

  

Minutes of previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report.  SV handed in expense claim for paper towels and Mr Rabbitts’ chocolates. Various bills had been paid including for music license and the electricity and we had received some interest from the Virgin investment account. DP had not had time to produce the business analysis graph but intended to do so for next meeting. He noted that numbers with shares in the 100 club had depleted and asked us to try and sell some more before the draws resumed in March.

 

Booking Clerks’ Report Mainly regular bookings for January with the addition of the WI birthday party and an extra Pilates session, a charity fund raising effort for which we did not charge a hire fee.

 

Correspondence 1) SV had received a brochure from Take Art with the programme up to the end of May, available to borrow if anyone is interested in attending one of the events. 2) RO had been sent an e mail by an American Folk duo advertising their events. He will contact them to find out charges.

 

Maintenance

1) SV had spoken to Russell who had assured her he did intend to pay something towards the cost of the new notice board but asked if it could wait until after Christmas. Nothing heard since so SV will chase it up.

2) It has proved impractical for committee members to carry out the “patching” on the roof. DP offered to contact a roofer to do this for us. AO commented there had been further leaks down the wall. all

 

Fund raising 1) SV had arranged with Mr and Mrs Ashworth from Frome to run the quiz on Sat 21st March. They do not feel they can use a computer and screen as we have done in recent years but would be happy to use the large chalk board, currently in the loft over the stage. This needs hanging from a couple of the screens with feet, also in the loft. SV didn’t think we needed to make any other arrangements at this point although DP noted he will be on holiday that day.  2) RO said the fete meetings were resuming that week and it was intended to make the fete even more music based.

 

AOB. 1) SV had laminated the Emergency Services Data Sheet, put together by DM and amended by DP, would put up on inside notice board.

2) DP to liaise with David Pattison re arranging a joint visit with Rec Field for our fire extinguisher checks. Chubb had provided info on what they included in theirs.

3) DP had bought whisky for accountant, SV had bought chocolates for Mr Rabbitts as felt inappropriate to change things this year but would ask him his preference next year if still doing the cleaning.

4) We were sorry to learn Mr Rabbitts had gone into hospital with a heart problem. His son Stephen had told SV he expected to resume the cleaning at some point and would keep her updated. Wages were due, DP to arrange this. EB volunteered to take on cleaning in the short term.

5) We then took down the Christmas decorations

 

Date of next meeting  Monday 3rd Feb at 8pm