Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

Draft Minutes of Meeting held on 3rd Feb 2020

 

Present  G Baker, E Brooks, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, D Pattison, S Vaughan

 

Apologies/Absent  V Taylor, B Wigmore

  

Minutes of previous meeting were agreed and signed after 2 minor amendments.

 

Treasurer’s Report.  Bills had been paid for the cleaning, gardening and music license. SV gave details of two more 100 club members for the draws to begin in March. Later in meeting DP presented his business analysis chart to the committee noting that the hiring charges still make up the overwhelming part of income and that a large part of expenditure was the work on the roof.

 

Booking Clerks’ Report No need to comment on current bookings but RO said there was still no development on a possible art/craft group to replace the Thursday watercolour group. There had been an enquiry from a hirer who wanted a slot every weekday morning but we could not help with this.

 

Correspondence 1) SV had sent another letter to Russell re possible re-imbursement of cost of replacing the notice board and had suggested he put any contribution through EB’s door. None had been received and SV said she was disappointed but having made several requests was not going to continue to chase this.2) SV had also received a poster advertising a photo competition for village halls and GB took this to see if Clive may be interested in entering for us.

 

Maintenance

1) Some work had been carried out by a roofer who had charge a modest £100, no serious rain since then so we can only wait and see if it has been successful.

2) SV had not heard from Stephen Rabbitts re any possible return to work by his father but EB willing to continue with the cleaning for the time being.

 

Fund raising 1) Quiz - SV will check Mr and Mrs Ashworth still OK to run the quiz on Sat 21st March. DP to get score board and supports down on the day, he is back from holiday by then.  DP and Daggs to run bar, EB to stand in for the latter if not available. SV to run raffle with assistance from one other committee member and to buy drinks. Note need more raffle tickets. RO to produce flyers for the magazine and posters, SV to put these up.  

 

AOB. 1)  Chubb contract had been cancelled and fire extinguisher checks with new company are in process of being arranged. 2) There was a discussion about the Toddler Group shed and our own with the chairs in. The committee agreed we need to liaise with Toddler Group re size and location of any replacement. It was also felt our own shed was in poor condition. This could be patched up or also replaced, if so maybe all the work done around the same time. 3) AO noted the poor condition of the car park again, with large holes in the gravel. It was felt this was due to a combination of the weather and traffic over it and could be improved by raking the gravel into the holes but no date was fixed to do this. 4) The keyboard in the loft had been somewhat of an issue, being collected and returned at very short notice. However SV thought this not a problem going forward as Father Anthony had now been told some notice needed to be given when it was required as only 2 people had access to the loft.

 

Date of next meeting  Monday 2nd March at 8pm