Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting held on 2nd Mar 2020

 

Present  G Baker, E Brooks, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, D Pattison, V Taylor, S Vaughan, B Wigmore

 

Apologies/Absent  

  

Minutes of previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report.  Nothing to comment on this month but the 100 club draws started for the year. SV gave in expense claim for toilet rolls and raffle tickets and invoice she had paid for the fire extinguisher check. 100 club results:- 1st Daniel and Collette Mears, 2nd Sue Mattick and 3rd David and Joan Pattison.

 

Booking Clerks’ Report A busy month ahead with a children’s party, Hall quiz, FOLC’s bingo and rehearsals and performance of the school play, all in addition to the regular bookings. SV to open up for the children’s party on the 15th which is setting up from 10am.

 

Correspondence None received other than invoice mentioned in “Treasurer” and its certificate.

 

Maintenance

1) Fire extinguishers had been professionally checked and we put the certificate up on the indoor notice board..

2) In an answer to a query from SV, EB said the Rabbitts family had not been in touch re likelihood of Mr R re-starting the cleaning which we understood he was keen to do. She is willing to continue doing it but will check with the Rabbitts family when possible.

3) The padlock for the cleaning cupboard had jammed but DP managed to free it.

4) The roof had been leaking again and it was thought it may be coming from the ridge. RO and DP to contact Derek for further advice.

5) SV had found a lock on exterior noticeboard would not open, committee members to investigate.

 

Fund raising 1) Quiz – Mr and Mrs Ashworth still OK to run the quiz on Sat 21st March. SV had put posters up in the village and handed out flyers at the meeting for committee members to take round. A grey scale poster had also been incorporated into the village magazine. SV to buy drinks and prizes. Daggs and DP to run bar. GB to buy crisps including some for sale. SV and BW to staff entry table. Set up, including getting the display boards and chalk board down, to be from 3pm on the day. SV had asked for raffle prizes in the magazine but any from committee members would be appreciated.

2) Fair, previous arrangements including barn dance on the Friday were confirmed.

 

AOB. 1) No contact from Toddler Group to date re shed and we understand the quarry fund they were hoping for assistance from has not been activated yet.  VT asked if it would be a good idea to replace the Hall and Toddler sheds with one large one but the committee felt this could cause problems of access to equipment for both groups and would prefer to keep them separate 3) Committee arranged for the annual clean up morning to be on Saturday 16th May from 10am, to include raking some gravel back into holes in the car park.

 

Date of next meeting  Monday 6th April at 8pm, please note there will be an allotment committee meeting in the main Hall so can the first Hall member there please open the side door so we keep disturbance of the other meeting to a minimum.