Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee
Minutes of Meeting held via Zoom on 7th Sept 2020
Present E Brooks, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, D Pattison, V Taylor, S Vaughan, B Wigmore
Apologies/Absent G Baker
Minutes Correction to minutes, AO did not submit expenses claim, SV to make amendment..
Treasurer’s Report Bills paid included the water, licencing, cleaning, new heater in kitchen, materials for the shed repair and various expenses relating to making the Hall Covid safe. 100 club results:- 1st Alan Dagger, 2nd Marguerite Cockroft and 3rd Sue Vaughan.
There had been an enquiry from the lady currently running yoga sessions on the Rec field. She would prefer Mondays but SV thought this could only be agreed if either it was late afternoon or she was willing to change days after Christmas if the Active Living Centre group restarted.
Also an enquiry from an educational charity but wanted to see inside the Hall first, not possible at the moment, no further contact so far.
1) Letter from “Water2business” re water being turned back on now Hall in use again, DP has actioned.
2) Paperwork now received from Chris Gillard re the PAT and 5 year electrical checks, certificates came direct from professional body NAPIT. SV had thought the bill of over £1000 very high but Chris said there was an industry standard charge for each unit checked so we have had to accept this. He also made some repairs which SV agreed to look up and give the committee some information on later.
1) DP still chasing the roofer.
Fund raising None discussed, not appropriate in current pandemic situation.
AOB 1) Ty Schlechter very happy with our agreement to store bowls mat on the stage, no mention of when he hopes to re-start bowls.
2) EB felt no point her doing cleaning weekly if Laura doing it for school daily, committee agreed.
3) VT suggested we apply for a refund on licence charge while not being used, DP to investigate
4) DP raised a vote of thanks to Alan Dagger for clearing some of the gutters.
5) AGM to be in November as usual, 7.30 Hall meeting followed by AGM at 8pm.
Date of next meeting Monday 5th October at 8pm Note this may either be in the Hall or via Zoom. Committee will be emailed nearer the time.