Leigh on Mendip Memorial Hall Committee

 

DRAFT Minutes of Meeting held on 5th October 2020

 

Present  E Brooks, A Orpwood, R Orpwood, D Pattison, V Taylor, S Vaughan, B Wigmore

 

Apologies/Absent  G Baker

  

Minutes of previous meeting were agreed and signed.

 

Treasurer’s Report Bills had been paid for the electricity, the window cleaning and the 5yearly and PAT electrical checks. DP had arranged for the roofer to go ahead at the end of November. He had emailed re a possible refund of the licencing fee relating to the period the Hall was closed but had not received an answer. King Watkins accountants are still willing to carry out our yearly financial check.  100 club results:- 1st Jan Pattison, 2nd Daniel and Collette Mears and 3rd Roger Orpwood.

 

Booking Clerks’ Report It was nice to see a diary print out with some bookings on again. They comprised two sessions of yoga a week, one Tai Chi and the return of short mat bowls. SV to ring Ty to check how he plans to carry out those sessions. The toddler group had been intending to return shortly but have decided to delay this until the New Year.The school has yet to let us have a complete list of the hours they used the Hall and RO and AO will raise an invoice once they have this information. The school did not use the dishwasher in the end due to the time it takes to initially warm up.  . There had been an enquiry from George Kite about a cider party event but it had been explained to him that this was currently against the Covid rules. Finally SV mentioned the WI are hoping to hold some social meetings for up to 6 people at a time, it was agreed this could work well and SV will contact Jan P to give her any information needed for their committee to make the decision.

 

Correspondence None received

 

Maintenance

1) Roof see Treasurer. EB commented that water had still been coming down the wall recently.  

2) SV asked if anyone available to buy more loo rolls, VT will do and also buy box for Covid cleaning materials. SV to create notice for inner door reminding people about cleaning before leaving and pointing out the cleaning materials would be in the small storeroom.

3) SV had put a print out of the Covid QR code up in the foyer.

 

Fund raising

 

AOB

1)VT asked us to pencil in 17th Oct as a possible date for the Parish Council to hold a consultation day now the planning for 40 more houses at the end of the village has been submitted. This should be confirmed after their forthcoming zoom meeting. 2) DP to register the Hall (and Rec Field) with the Amazon Smile scheme so any purchases made through it can credit us with 1% of the value.3) AGM, it was decided to have the meeting in the Hall subject to any Covid rules changes . We will ask anyone wishing to attend to let us know beforehand to help with planning spacing. SV to ask Chris Cudmore to put this information on the website

 

Date of next meeting  Monday 2nd Nov at 7.30 pm followed by the AGM  at 8pm